Directs, administers and coordinates the overall daily operations of the organization, including product receipt and distribution, logistics and transportation and inventory control. Reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
• In consultation with the Chief Executive Officer guides and directs the management of the Operations to ensure efficient and effective distribution of food product
• Oversees management of Warehouse(s) including: Receipt and distribution of product, inventory monitoring and control, transportation and site maintenance
• Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood
• Works with management to maintain a sound organization and to establish policies that ensure adequate management development and provide for capable management cross training
• Participates in, creates, and executes along with the Board of Directors, CEO and Senior Leadership the strategic plan, structure and processes necessary to manage the organization's current activities and its projected growth
• In partnership with appropriate staff, coordinates efforts to evaluate the results of each area of operations and systematically reports these results to the CEO
• Using quantifiable metrics and management expertise, performs departmental/programmatic audits to determine cost/benefit as well as demand and service capability
• Insures that the organization has effective management and optimal production
• Recommends changes as necessary to improve operations or enhance customer service
• Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and facilitate information flow within the organization
• Establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO's broad policies and objectives and ensures their execution
• Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations
• Evaluates staffing needs and recommends changes as necessary
• Serves as Acting Chief Executive Officer in the absence of the Chief Executive Officer
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with relevant experience in people and process management, operational planning and oversight and technology integration. Track record of successfully setting and meeting aggressive goals, operating within audit and compliance standards. Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must have experience in forecasting and trend analysis. Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience. Food Bank or food industry experience is desirable with 7-10 years experience. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to lead and work with a diverse group of people. Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice.
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
The Connecticut Food Bank is committed to alleviating hunger in Connecticut by providing food resources, raising awareness of the challenges of hunger, and advocating for people who need help meeting basic needs. The Connecticut Food Bank partners with the food industry, food growers, donors, and volunteers to distribute nutritious food to people in need. Last year, the Connecticut Food Bank distributed enough food to provide more than 20.3 million meals. We distribute that food through a network of community-based programs in Fairfield, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, and Windham counties, where more than 280,000 people struggle with hunger. Visit us on the web at www.ctfoodbank.org, like us on Facebook and follow @CTFoodBank on Twitter and Instagram.