Directs, administers, and coordinates the operational, agency, and programmatic activities of the organization in support of policies, goals, and strategic objectives established by the CEO in conjunction with the board of directors.
Reporting to the President and CEO, this role will:
• Play a key leadership role in the development and accomplishment of the annual organizational programmatic goals, metrics, and organizational objectives to carry-out the mission and strategic plan.
• Develop plans, policies, and procedures for strategic operational initiatives in partnership with the President & CEO.
• Provide leadership to Director of Agency Partnerships, Director of Programs and Food+, Director of Kansas Distribution Center, Director of Quality Assurance (IT and inventory control), and Director of Operations (transportation, warehouse, distribution, volunteers, facilities, maintenance/construction, food safety) and collectively ensure a positive, collaborative and respectful culture.
• Work with the Leadership team and Human Resources in the area of organizational and employee development.
• Develop and manage an annual budget that meets the strategic needs of the organization.
• Provide adequate systems of internal controls to ensure proper stewardship of operational assets including inventory, warehouse equipment, transportation equipment, electronic equipment, and all Harvesters facilities.
• Provide proactive leadership in the operational compliance set forth by local, state and national regulatory agencies: AIB, USDA Feeding Program Requirements, OSHA, DOT, USDA, FDA, Local Health Department, etc.
• Serve as the organizations Chief Safety Officer and facilitate safety committees.
• Oversee construction initiatives and general maintenance of building, grounds, and equipment.
• Coordinate response to local/national disasters, serve as liaison with other national and local disaster relief agencies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required. Master’s degree in Business preferred.
• 10+ years management experience with at least 5+ years in an executive management role.
• 3+ years’ experience in warehouse management and logistics industries.
• Successful leadership related to sound judgment and decision-making, effective analytical and problem-solving skills, and strategic planning/implementation.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation capabilities.
• Preference for experience in Food industry/Food Banking, Member Network, facility design/construction, market trend analysis, Ceres/other ERP system, Navision Report Writer, Jet or other report writing tools, and IT systems analysis.
• Office and Warehouse environments with ability to walk, climb stairs, and utilize office equipment.
• Travel within the service area and occasional national travel.
Paid medical, dental, life and disability for the employee only. Paid time off equivalent to 4 weeks annually for the first two years, 9 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holiday at the beginning of each calendar year.
Harvesters offers a 403b plan after one pay period. They begin contributing 5% of the bi-weekly salary after two years and upon hitting the plan event date.
Various wellness opportunities are offered to increase physical and mental wellness.
OMNI Human Resource Management
Michelle Anderson, Vice President of Executive Search – [email protected] | 913-653-8067
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Harvesters, a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, provides food and related household products to more than 760 nonprofit agencies including emergency food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, children’s homes and others. Additionally, they offer education programs to increase community awareness of hunger and teach about good nutrition.