Guides and directs management in all aspect of daily operations and program execution ensuring efficiency and effective distribution of food products and optimal services to clients. Insures that all program operations are integrated and works with senior managers and agency services to insure coordination and initiate further program development. Build and maintain working relationships with community resources and local corporations. Ensure compliance with all appropriate standards and applicable local and national laws and regulations. Provide status updates on Operations to the CEO as requested. Serve as a member of the Executive Directors (Senior Staff) group. This position will be responsible for coaching and developing the next generation of operations directors.
Pay Range: $75,000 to $85,000
Immediate Supervisor: CEO
Supervisory Responsibilities: Director of Administration, Billing and inventory control, Compliance/Building, Warehouse and Logistics, Programs, Food Sourcing, Feeding Programs, Director of Farm, Orchard, and Grub(FOG).
Major Job Accountabilities:
• Maintain relationships and keep the CEO informed on issues that impact the programs and financial health of SPFB assuring that all operations are compliant with AIB, TDA, USDA, Feeding America, Feeding Texas and relevant program requirements.
• Recommend and implement programs and collaborations that will contribute to the long term financial health of the Food Bank and client services.
• Plan and oversee capital projects and capital spending including compliance with the Procurement Policy, bids, cost implementation, monitoring and sign off.
• Oversee the Billing and Inventory area to assure that processing and inventory controls are working effectively and maximizing Inventory software.
• Provide support and direction to the building and compliance manager to assure that all operating areas maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements as well as any building maintenance and needs to assure the property is well maintained.
• Provide direction and oversight of Operations regarding contingency planning, inventory control, the procurement, warehousing and distribution of donated and purchased food, and fleet management.
• Provide direction and oversight to insure the efficient and effective delivery of our feeding programs to Senior’s, and Agencies in our Service area.
• Supervise the Food Resourcing area to maintain relationships with all vendors and Food donors.
• Provide direction and oversight to the Children’s feeding programs including all program requirements as well as food preparation, catering, and meals for children.
• Provide support for the FOG program director to assure that all necessary agriculture and seasonal needs are met.
• Maintain appropriate relationships with state, national, and local organizations and agencies.
• Formulate the strategic goals and provide the ongoing review of the Strategic Plan.
• Work with CEO to present the Strategic Plan to the Board of Directors.
• Provide information for newsletters and the annual report in accordance with Food Bank policies and procedures.
• Work with the Director of Human Resources to engage staff as needed. Also, participate as needed in all staff performance issues up to and including terminations when necessary.
• Prepare performance evaluations for all Direct Reports
• Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of operations supervisory experience or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required skills to manage a large program.
• Non-profit experience preferred.
• Ability to administer and comply with Federal Program Regulations and Audits.
• Support the operating area managers during all audits and reviews.
• The ability to handle specific duties of the position as well as developing visions and goals for the entire Food Bank.
• Experience of effectively leading and motivating staff.
• Ability to present complex information to the Board, executive management, and major current/perspective food donors.
• Experience with Strategic Planning and the impact on operating areas of the Food Bank.
• Ability to develop and maintain support of the Food Bank Community and their leadership.
• Strong interpersonal skills to handle diverse staff, food donors and volunteers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Financial skills to analyze data, develop projections, and prepare follow up information.
• Warehouse management skills to assure proper inventory procedures are followed and fleet logistics are properly functioning.
• Must have flexibility to work, meet, and represent the Food Bank in the evenings and weekend
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
Generous PTO policy
Paid Health Insurance
Optional Cafeteria plan benefits
403B Pension Plan
Submit Resume to Niel Moore. [email protected]
The South Plains Food Bank serves a 22 county area with Food Boxes for qualified clients. We also have a children's feeding program that provides after school meals for areas that qualify.
We have recently moved into a very large facility that is allowing us to partake in program products and fresh fruits and vegetables. Our expanded capabilities is why we are needing a full time COO to coordinate all of our outreach as well as our warehouse operation.
Lubbock Texas is a wonderful city known for it's friendliness and its diverse economy. It is a hub for farming, education, and medical facilities.