We need an aspiring leader to work with our dynamic team of non-profit professionals. This person will have a passion for information management, data, supply chain management and problem-solving. You’ll use innovation to develop solutions to process and information flow problems to accomplish our mission. You’ll need to be able to work on the big picture, while also operate in “hands on” capacity at the food bank. The position is based in Flatwoods, WV.
Here are examples of what you'll be doing every day:
• Work with our leadership team and staff to develop effective strategies to keep our organization moving forward.
• Manage information projects and a small team of non-profit professionals while keeping engaged with the whole food bank. CIO will be working on our service insights and inventory software upgrades.
• Lead conversations about information and insights in West Virginia and within the Feeding America network.
• Do your part to help us run smoothly and pitch in wherever you can to advance our mission
Position Summary: The Chief Information Officer will be a critical member of the executive leadership team, reporting to the CEO. The CIO will lead the information team and serve as the chief data and analytics strategist, effectively leading and managing the data, service insights and supply chain management team to generate timely and accurate information to advance the work of MFB in its mission. This leader will serve as a lead strategist for information flow, responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive data management plan to support all aspects of the food bank and to create a best-in-class development team.
•Acts as a visible, internal leader with all staff in the information department.
•Works collaboratively with departments to solicit needs and solve problems.
•Develops solutions to improve organizational activities.
•Consults with users to ascertain needs and ensure that facilities meet project requirements.
•Evaluates the functionality of systems and strategize improvements across the organization.
•Manages IT budget. Selects and purchases appropriate hardware and software.
•Works with the Development team to project needs and solicit funding.
•Ensures information system reports are accurate and timely.
Supply Chain Management:
•Manages the in-bound and out-bound flow of food, manages inventory, receiving and product sourcing.
•Manages inventory and sourcing to keep accurate records and inventory flow using our Primarius inventory management system.
•Consults and advises on technology solutions to improve inventory processes, product flow and warehouse management.
•Manages team on supply chain including donated, commodity and purchase food programs.
• Develops a robust service insights program to collect data on clients, donors, volunteers, etc. that is maintainable and sharable across platforms.
• Works with Agency Relations and Programs departments to develop and roll out service insights to member agencies and community partners across the state.
Operational Leadership :
• Manages and reports appropriate insights and metrics in support of the strategic plan.
•Inspires team members to aspire to outstanding customer service for a diverse set of stakeholders.
•Acts as an active and engaged member of the executive team, building strength and engagement across the organization and specifically with the information team.
•Facilitates cross-department collaborations to leverage impact internally and externally to maximize relationships and ROIs.
•Demonstrates by example the integrity and commitment expected from colleagues, including a high expectation for accountability and results.
•Exercises leadership style that promotes collaboration, appreciates staff initiative and creates opportunity for professional growth.
•Establishes goals, monitors progress, and coach’s employees to empower them to meet their goals.
•Manages information team members around annual goals, metrics, and performance evaluation, conducting monthly meetings with the advancement team and frequent meetings with each direct report.
•Creates a positive environment where two-way communication and strong trust are established.
•Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO.
• Passion, focus, and creativity around Food Bank vision, mission, and values.
• Strong work ethic with orientation toward accountability, accuracy and continuous improvement.
• Extremely detail oriented and thorough
• Demonstrates skill and personal passion for information flow processes, automation and developing strategies for a more efficient work environment.
• Ability to work as part of a team and effectively collaborate with others to meet goals
• Ability to effectively develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external (staff, donors and member agency partners, etc.)
• Skilled at managing multiple projects and staff members
• Ability to anticipate and meet deadlines as required.
• Ability to think creatively and with strategic vision; Skilled in out-of-the-box thinking and developing new strategies
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills
• Demonstrates motivation and initiative
• Has the ability to solve complex problems
• Demonstrates a passion for philanthropy.
Starting salary is $61,330-$63,330 plus a generous benefits package including 100% employer paid health, vision, dental, and life insurance. Also includes paid time off, limited remote work options and 401k option.
Send resume, references, and cover letter to [email protected] by December 31.
Mountaineer Food Bank is a growing organization of 57 employees. Located in the center of West Virginia, we are near the newly designated New River Gorge National Park.