The vision at Northern Illinois Food Bank is for everyone in Northern Illinois to have the food they need to thrive. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and proud member of Feeding America, we serve our neighbors in 13 counties with dignity, equity and convenience.
The Chief Impact Officer is responsible for collaborating with and providing leadership for a high-capacity network of community-based partnerships. Other responsibilities include the development and implementation of innovative programs reducing barriers to accessing nutritious food.
The CIO plans, directs and coordinates all activities in the areas of Programs, Nutrition and Agencies, as well as the management of the Food Bank’s strategic plan in collaboration with the President & CEO. The CIO works cross-functionally internally and across our agency network to ensure equitable food distribution and access to additional capacity-building support services throughout our service area to drive sustainable outcomes for our neighbors.
The CIO develops a progressive growth strategy with a goal of long-term reduction of food insecurity in our service area.
The CIO serves on the Executive Team and participates with the Board of Directors and related committee meetings. All activities lead by the CIO support the Food Bank’s mission, culture, and strategic plan objectives.
Required Education, Skills, & Experience
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in leadership roles with management responsibility for developing and designing high-quality, high-impact practices
• Exceptional strategic thinking and ability to translate quantitative and qualitative information into key insights and strategies and to effectively communicate them both verbally and in writing.
• Implementation of performance management/measurement systems, including and especially for bodies of work that are hard to measure.
• Proven track record managing contracts and grants, supervising senior leaders and staff, planning working collaboratively, forging productive partnerships and managing large scale, complex initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with individuals and teams internally and externally.
• Ability to develop high-performing teams and coach future leaders.
• Outstanding communication skills including effective listening, making persuasive recommendations to executive audiences and delivering impactful, inspiring presentations and talks to large groups.
• A deep commitment to the mission and Northern Illinois Food Bank
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
Chief Impact Officer, Programs, and Agency network management experience for a non-profit organization is highly desired.
Competitive benefits - health care, PTO, bonus, etc.
Please apply on our website: https://solvehungertoday.org/about-us/join-our-team/
Our vision at Northern Illinois Food Bank is for everyone in Northern Illinois to have the food they need to thrive. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and proud member of Feeding America, we serve our neighbors in 13 counties with dignity, equity and convenience, providing 250,000 meals a day. We bring together manufacturers, local and corporate grocers, area farmers, corporations, foundations, and individuals who donate food and funding, and each week nearly 1,000 volunteers help us evaluate, repack, and distribute food. We also proudly partner with more than 900 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and youth and senior feeding programs to provide nutritious food and resources. Our distribution centers are located in Geneva, Park City, Rockford and Joliet.