The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for all aspects of financial planning, reporting, strategically managing accounting and financial products, and overseeing the Information Technology activities of Food Bank of south Jersey (FBSJ). This position will provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, and budgeting efforts for FBSJ.
• Financial Management: Provide overall management to the Finance Department, ensure that financial and accounting systems are operating in accordance with GAAP standards; that FBSJ is financially solvent; and that FBSJ financial systems and controls are adequate to protect the assets and reputation of the organization.
• Strategy: Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and the FBSJ long-term strategy. Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
• Purchasing/Inventory: Develops reasonable and accountable policies and practices for the agency, and ensures that they are adhered for purchasing and accounting, inventory and accounting of donations.
• Reporting: Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of FBSJ mission – specifically, support effective management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
• Grant Management: In connection with the Grants department & other program directors as needed, maintain grant records to enable monthly and/or quarterly reporting to grantors.
• Information Technology: Ensures that FBSJ technology and network is adequate to meet the growing needs of the organization
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Accounting or Finance degree required. Graduate level degree preferred.
- Current and valid CPA preferred.
- Fifteen years full-time, wage-earning experience in financial management (non-profit accounting experience preferred).
- Five year’s Controller experience required.
- Experience in distribution industry with inventory experience preferred.
Salary Range: $90,000+ to commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates must apply through: https://foodbanksj.org/careers/
How to Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume (including 5-year salary history), cover letter describing how your qualifications and professional experience align with the job description, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references when you apply at https://foodbanksj.org/careers/. Review of applications will begin January 31, 2019 and may continue until the position is filled. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. A pre-employment background check, including a drug screening, is required. Food Bank of South Jersey is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Food Bank of South Jersey
The Food Bank of South Jersey (FBSJ) is the leader in providing safe and nutritional food to people in need throughout South Jersey. In 2017, FBSJ distributed over 12 million pounds of food to approximately 200,000 South Jersey residents in Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Salem counties. We recognize that the talent and dedication of our team members are contributing factors to the success of FBSJ, as they work to distribute food, provide nutrition and cooking education, and help food-insecure families and seniors find sustainable ways to improve their lives. We strive to ensure that our employees’ work experience includes the opportunity for personal growth and professional development. To learn more about how you can become a valued part of the FBSJ team, dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient emergency food distribution network to eliminate hunger, visit www.foodbanksj.org.
More about the Food Bank of South Jersey:
• Finances - Budget of approximately $6,000,000.00.
• Staff - 43 full-time staff, 4 part-time staff
• Service Area - Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, and Salem Counties.
• Advantages - We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, the FBSJ relies heavily on fundraising to support our mission within the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please apply at https://foodbanksj.org/careers/