Chief Financial Officer position available in Fort Myers, FL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses the current and forecast financial strength of the organization, and ensures its continued financial strength.
- Assess trends and future financial needs of organization. Provides analysis and alerts as needed by President and CEO and Board of Directors.
- Develops and implements operating and capital budgets, and reports performance relative to budgets.
- Prepares financial statements for monthly meetings and as required by President and CEO and Board of Directors.
- Manages treasury functions, including forecasting cash needs and cash available, managing cash and bank accounts, investing surplus cash, and arranging and administering loans and lines of credit subject to necessary approvals.
- Oversees risk management, including arranging and administering sufficient insurance and advising the organization regarding other potential liabilities under the guidance of President and CEO, and Board of Directors.
- Ensures that financial records and activities of the organization are maintained at professional levels.
- Develops and maintains Finance, procurement and related policies and procedures.
- Manages Finance staff activities, including inventory management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Leads procurement of fixed assets and capital, in collaboration with other departments.
- Participates in development of strategic plans, and provides supporting analysis.
- Ensures that the organization meets or exceeds all regulatory and legal requirements. Independently flags any serious concerns to board of directors.
- Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Oversees federal compliance, reporting, and auditing related to state and federal awards and programs.
- Oversees the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Responsible for administration of pension funds including selection and management of vendors, advisors, and portfolio.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and filing requirements.
- Maintains top-level reporting dashboards, including financial and other key operational measures, with input from other members of staff.
- Conducts financial and cost analyses, as required by the organization.
- Participates in other activities as directed by the President and CEO
- Leads Information Technology staff in preparing and updating the IT strategic and annual plans.
- Supervises all information technology functions, including network hardware, telecommunications, software, database, licensing information, purchasing and disposal.
- Procures office equipment as needed for staff.
- Leads Information Technology staff in developing and maintaining Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Honesty and integrity
- Customer service and teamwork orientation
- Commitment to leading our community in the fight to end hunger in Southwest Florida
- Willingness to go above and beyond to serve the needs of our clients and agencies, and in support of our mission
- Ability to relate effectively with other staff, volunteers, agency representatives, and the public
- Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner
- Ability to perform occasional limited physical labor as necessary to assist in achieving HCFB Mission
- Valid Florida driver’s license
Specific to Position
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required with a preferred major in Accounting, Business Administration/Management, or equivalent. CPA, MBA or related advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years minimum experience in a Finance leadership position. Non-profit audit experience preferred.
- Experience managing Information Technology activities and managing software implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of the finance and accounting processes and functions
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, demonstrate effective leadership, and independently plan activities
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning system (ERP) strongly preferred
Health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long term disability insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, vacation, sick time,
This is our 35th Anniversary year. Our mission is to lead our community in the fight to end hunger because we believe that no one should have to go hungry in our community.
Position Summary: Responsible for ensuring the continued financial strength of the organization. Oversees financial and accounting system controls and standards and ensures timely financial and statistical reports for management, Board and other Committees’ use, as applicable. Implements policies, programs, and directives through subordinates and within the parameters set by President and CEO and Board of Directors. Serves on the Senior Leadership team. Coordinates activities with other departments as needed.