The Chief Executive Officer has overall responsibility for the operation of the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma, Inc. whose mission is to feed the hungry of eastern Oklahoma through a network of Partner Agencies and to engage our communities in ending hunger. The Community Food Bank is the largest private hunger-relief organization in eastern Oklahoma with branches in Tulsa and McAlester and distributes food to hundreds of Partner Agencies operating feeding programs in 24 counties of eastern Oklahoma. These programs, along with Food Bank direct initiatives provide hundreds of thousands of meals each week to people struggling with hunger. In addition, the Food Bank helps raise public awareness about hunger. More information about the Food Bank can be found at https://okfoodbank.org/.
The Chief Executive Officer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following; financial management, fundraising, public relations, food procurement and distribution, community liaison, agency and Feeding America relations, and management of all employees and facilities.
• Work closely with the Board of Directors to establish and evaluate the Strategic Plan. Meet with the Board of Directors at all regularly scheduled meetings, special meetings, and committee meetings. Maintain and provide to the Board of Directors all records necessary to fulfill inquiries.
• Provide vision and leadership in establishing strategies, objectives and procedures for carrying out the Strategic Plan.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of department heads who manage Programs, Advancement, Operations, Human Resources, and Finance.
• Provide support, leadership and mentoring of department heads while ensuring high employee morale, motivation and productivity. Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the organization.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Review operating results of the organization, compare them to established objectives, and take steps to ensure that appropriate actions are implemented to align day-to-day operational activities that support and achieve those objectives.
• Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the organization’s financial health and compliance. Oversee the organization’s financial systems, practices and reporting in compliance with all fiduciary responsibilities associated with a 501 (c) (3) entity.
• Serve as the primary spokesperson for relations with the media, funding sources/the financial community, partner organizations and other nonprofits.
• Foster organizational transparency and the positive reputation of the Food Bank within local, state and national venues by serving the needs of, and respecting all stakeholders in the organization’s mission.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with other hunger relief organizations in the state including Regional Food Bank and Hunger Free Oklahoma.
• Passion for The Food Bank’s vision, mission, goals, and outcomes.
• Willingness to lead bold, innovative, programmatic strategies and to collaborate with other organizations to achieve shared goals.
• Strong business acumen, including strong financial management and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
• History of working with large scale charitable foundations and large fundraising events to support an approximately 6.4 million dollar fundraising budget.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Inclusive leadership and management style that encourages staff in ways that motivate them to perform at their best and provides opportunities for professional advancement.
• Gravitas to inspire Board members, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community.
• Masterful communication skills with strong public speaking abilities.
• Minimum of a BS or BA from an accredited college, preferably in the social science field or human services or equivalent senior management experience. Preference will be given to candidates with at least five years experience in nonprofit management. Course work in business administration preferred.
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected].
The mission of the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma is to feed the hungry of eastern Oklahoma through a network of Partner Agencies and to engage our communities in ending hunger. Our vision is food security, with dignity, for all eastern Oklahomans. We are the largest private hunger-relief organization in eastern Oklahoma.
With branches in Tulsa and McAlester, the Food Bank distributes donated items to hundreds of Partner Agencies operating feeding programs in 24 counties of eastern Oklahoma. These programs, and Food Bank direct initiatives, including emergency food pantries, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, child feeding programs, senior feeding programs, and veteran’s initiatives. Together, we provide hundreds of thousands of meals each week to people struggling with hunger. In addition, the Food Bank helps raise public awareness about hunger and the role of food banking in alleviating hunger.