Develops and executes annual and long-range fund development plans to ensure continued growth in giving. The position will work to strengthen the Food bank’s direct mail programs, and identify new sources of revenues.
• Member of senior management team working on developing and executing strategies to maximize community impact and successfully achieve annual growth goals.
• Works with President & CEO to develop annual and long-range fundraising strategies and goals.
• Meets budgeted fundraising goals.
• Leads development and implementation of capital campaigns.
• Prepares and monitors the departmental budget.
• Establishes departmental goals and goals for individuals in the department.
• Proactively develops strategies, grant requests, events, outreach and donor calls and funding asks as needed to support programs and activities of the Food Bank.
• Develops and implements fund raising events including but not limited to the Hunger Walk.
• Coordinates direct mail activities, including planning and implementation of direct mail program in collaboration with vendors and community partners.
• Develops and implements major gifts program.
• Updates and implements donor acknowledgement, stewardship and cultivation process
• Ensures accurate and complete recordkeeping, including documentation of all interactions with donors in donor database
• Maintains a portfolio of mid- and major-level donors and prospective donors
• Submits reports and updates to donors as necessary and maintain relationships with current and potential donors.
• Coordinates with the Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure that fundraising and marketing activities support each other.
• Schedules and conducts prospect and donor calls to engage donors in HCFB mission
• Develops written cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans
• Helps coach and inspire staff, board members and others in cultivation of donors and prospects
• Partners with CEO, board members and others in making solicitations as appropriate
• Represents the HCFB as a media spokesperson as needed
• Oversees Development Working Group
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Adhere to HCFB expectations and values:
- Be active by moving quickly, getting things done and holding self and others accountable for results.
- Be constructive by providing solutions, displaying optimism, being respectful and fair.
- Be truthful by providing facts to support opinions, speaking up and not exaggerating.
- Humanize Hunger by putting a human face on it.
- Communicating in a professional, honest and open manner.
- Take time to have fun along the way.
- Believe in our mission and impact.
• Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger in Southwest Florida
• Ability to relate effectively other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public.
• Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
• Valid FL Driver’s License
Specific to Position
• College diploma and four years minimum experience in development and/or non-profit management or translatable experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-supporting as to computer and clerical needs.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Full range of benefits including life, health, dental, vision, disability and other voluntary insurance program offerings. Paid time off benefits that include holidays, vacation and sick time. Generous 401K program as well as many additional, optional benefits.
To be considered for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Our mission is to lead our community in the fight to end hunger so that no one in the community has to go hungry. We have been in operation for 37 years serving the five county area of Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, Glades, and Collier counties within Southwest Florida.