Facing Hunger Food Bank provides nutritious food to neighbors experiencing food insecurity in 17 counties throughout West Virginia, Eastern Kentucky, and Ohio.
Over the past several years Facing Hunger Food Bank’s impact and team has expanded as the result of need and strategic direction. Now they are seeking their first Chief Development Officer to join their dedicated team, build relationships, and create and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy.
• In collaboration with the CEO, develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to meet the Food bank’s financial goals including annual fund, monthly giving, digital marketing, major gifts, planned giving, capital campaigns (when appropriate) and donor stewardship.
• Serve as an active member of the leadership team, helping to ensure strong staff relations and fulfilment of mission, vision, and core values
• Supervise a full-time Donor Relations Officer and Community Relations Officer, and any future staff engaged in fund development, marketing/communications, and donor services
• Develop a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors among individual, corporate, community organization, and foundation donor groups
• Manage a personal portfolio of donors resulting in direct face to face solicitation and continual cultivation
• In collaboration with the CEO, oversee the Food bank’s grant program to include grant sourcing, research, writing, timely submission, and reporting responsibilities
• Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequests, charitable gift annuities, and trusts
• Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about the Food Bank with the community in collaboration with the CEO
• Work with the team to conduct fundraising events designed to increase awareness, raise funds, and offer an effective entry point to the organization as needed
• Oversee creation of materials to support fundraising activities and community engagement, sharing stories of impact to motivate volunteers, board members, donors, and partners in ways that inspire support for the Foodbank
• Execute a formal stewardship plan to further engage donors and volunteers in the Foodbank’s mission and support retention
• Create and implement systems and processes for gift entry, data management and reconciliation, relationship management, and donor acknowledgement/recognition
• Maintain an expertise in laws and regulations impacting philanthropic giving
• Commitment to the mission of the Foodbank
• Significant fundraising experience, including a track record of successfully executing a comprehensive development plan, making direct solicitations and managing a development team
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse populations, community leaders, the media, Board members, staff, donors, and volunteers
• Passion for people and building strong relationships and community connections
• Collaborative leader who can develop team members to assume positions of increased responsibility with an evolving and growing organization while fostering a positive organizational culture
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• A self-starter that thrives during operational activities and strategic thinking
• Patience and the ability to maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume
• High level of organization with the ability to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growth environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with donor database software and prospect research resources preferred
Salary is commensurate with the Foodbank’s budget and is in the $75K range. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance as well as opportunity to purchase other insurances such as short- & long-term disability, accident, etc.; 401(k) retirement plans with employer match; accrued vacation and sick time; and paid holidays.
Facing Hunger Foodbank actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. Facing Hunger Foodbank is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
To apply, click on the link to the Chief Development Officer position profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs. You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact [email protected]. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites.
Since 1984, Facing Hunger Food Bank has worked to provide food to neighbors in need. Originally serving just two counties in the Huntington area, the Foodbank has grown to a 17-county service area across West Virginia, eastern Kentucky and southeastern Ohio. Approximate 1 in 6 adults and 1 in 4 children are food insecure in the Foodbank’s service area, and Facing Hunger Foodbank is currently reaching 42% of all West Virginians that are experiencing food insecurity.
The Foodbank achieves its mission through a strong network of over 250 partner agencies that provide direct food distribution services. Last year, Facing Hunger Foodbank distributed nearly 16 million pounds of food. The mission is also supported by a strong volunteer network and over 200 volunteers contribute their time annually.
Facing Hunger Foodbank is currently led by a 16 member board of directors, a staff of 40, and hundreds dedicated volunteers. The budget is over $6 million and revenue is generated through private donations, grants, and programs.
Want to know more? Visit Facing Hunger Foodbank’s website at https://facinghunger.org.