Are you interested in using your analytical and business development acumen to make the difference in the lives of 116,000 Alameda County residents every month? Do you strongly believe that no man, woman, or child in Alameda County should go to bed hungry? If you said yes to any of these questions, then please consider joining the Alameda County Community Food Bank’s mission of passionately pursuing a hunger-free community. ACCFB has just embarked on a very ambitious strategic plan focused on identifying members of our community that we haven’t reached and finding a way to meet those clients where they are — and we need your help!
The Channel Development Strategist is a very unique role combining business analytics, project management and channel development — all in service of getting more food to our community. In a cross-collaborative effort with our Programs, Operations, and Research Departments, a successful candidate will create strategies to maximize the impact of our existing food distribution model, as well as leverage our data to identify gaps and implement innovative ways to fulfill the unmet needs of our community. We are looking for a seasoned professional that has a proven track record both identifying new opportunities for growth, and successfully implementing those solutions.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• 2-4 years of successful, relevant experience in channel/growth strategy, prospecting, franchise implementation/replication, or business development.
• Superior presentation skills.
• Strong research skills; able to analyze data and derive actionable strategic insights.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
• High degree of accuracy, organization, and dependability in written work.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships.
• Valid current CA Class C license, insurable driving record and access to reliable transportation.
• Experience working in a nonprofit environment with a variety of stakeholders and deeply-rooted community values a plus.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, innovation and diversity.
• Impeccable integrity and honesty.
• Strong work ethic with an orientation toward constant innovation and process improvement.
• Service orientation and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
This is work primarily (75%) located in an office environment with an attached warehouse, and requires approximately 25% local travel. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job include: Sitting for prolonged periods; mobility to move throughout the Food Bank in performance of duties; and the abilities to hear, read, and write clearly, use a computer for a minimum of 7 hours per day, communicate in English, in clear speaking voice (in person and over the phone).
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time exempt position, working Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (7.5 hour workday; 1 hour unpaid lunch). The non-negotiable starting salary for this position is $67,900 per year. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
• Medical: ACCFB pays 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for our Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO or PPO plans are available.
• Dental: 100% employer-paid for employees and their dependents.
• Vision: Paid by employees.
• Paid time off starting at: 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 11 holidays, and four paid early closures annually.
• Pre-tax Flexible Spending and Commuter Accounts.
• Employer-paid life, AD&D & LTD insurance, as well as buy-up options for increased coverage.
• 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after one year. Fully vested at three years.
• Employee Assistance Program for employees and dependents.
• Free ongoing 1:1 financial coaching and access to an interest, service fee and credit requirement-free short-term loan program after six-months on staff.
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please submit your resume and answer the application questions on our careers page located at accfb.org/careers.
Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization, which has been at the forefront of hunger relief efforts for 35 years. As one of the most efficient direct-impact organizations in the country, few nonprofits are as well-respected — or have a bigger impact on the community — as us. We are a dedicated group of mission-driven people who serve 1 in 5 county residents and will provide enough food for 30 million meals this year. But that barely scratches the surface of all our work. We’re changing lives … we’re forward thinkers who encourage innovation … we’re proud of our work … and we’re having fun doing it!
With our new strategic plan, we are setting a bold trajectory for the long-term work required to dismantle the systems that perpetuate poverty, including racism. Our staff regularly engage in conversations about race, class, power and privilege as part of our organizational commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
reflects the diversity of our Community. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.