Objective of Job:
The Produce Fulfillment Specialist will identify and facilitate the marketing and distribution of fresh produce to the Feeding Texas and Feeding America network through engaging food bank produce teams, shippers and transportation companies, utilizing Fusionware, Produce Matchmaker and other tools to help the organization meet or exceed its strategic growth targets.
1. Actively engage food bank produce teams to fulfill produce needs.
2. Work collaboratively with food bank teams and other sourcing stakeholders.
3. Align with Members (food banks, member led cooperatives, and state associations) in identifying, matching and planning demand with available or future supply
4. Educate donors/members on offer/order processing
5. Assist with donor and member issues related to produce loads
6. Report activity as directed, driving Key Performance Indicators of pounds, cost and other metrics
7. Assist in onboarding process of new produce donors as directed
8. Act as a backup to food bank produce teams when necessary
9. Provide professional, responsive and appreciative customer service to all food bank partners, donors, and co-workers
10. Maintain collaborative relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external
1. Limited travel to food banks and produce industry events
2. Expand produce knowledge (ex: PACA rules & regulations, grade vs. condition, seasonality/availability)
3. Complete special initiatives and projects as needed
AA/BA/BS or equivalent preferred
➢ Experience in foodbank preferred
➢ Experience in produce industry preferred
➢ Experience in transportation industry preferred
➢ Experience in a customer service role preferred
➢ Ability to work independently and collaboratively
➢ Excellent customer service and communication (written/verbal) skills
➢ Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
➢ Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger by serving Foodbanks who serve Clients
➢ Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
TO APPLY Email a resume and one-page cover letter with “PFS” in the subject line to [email protected].
CFP is an equal opportunity employer
COLLABORATIVE FOR FRESH PRODUCE is a non-profit organization partnering with commercial farmers and food banks to efficiently collect and distribute donations of imperfect and surplus produce to food banks and the hungry families they serve.