The Chattanooga Area Food Bank (CAFB) is seeking a dynamic, team-oriented CFO who will provide strategic leadership and oversight of financial, human resource, and administrative functions and is dedicated to fulfilling our mission to lead a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region.
The CFO, who reports directly to the President & CEO, works with the senior leadership team and plays a critical role in the financial activities, risk management, and reporting systems to ensure efficient financial operations, regulatory compliance, and protection of assets. This position performs planning, budgeting, analysis, and accounting functions, facilitates investment oversight, insurance, and general human resource and administrative services.
• Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal activities including general ledger, accounts receivables, and payables, cash flow, payroll, bank reconciliations, audits, deposits, etc.
• Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting for the organization including cash flow, revenue/expense, and balance sheet reports. Collects, interprets, and reports accurate financial data for grants, government contracts, and other external stakeholders as needed.
• Works closely with the senior management team and program staff to ensure that the fiscal requirements for grants and contracts are identified, realized, and monitored.
• Coordinates and leads the annual audit preparation with staff, external auditors, and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Proactively provides timely and accurate data and analysis on budgets and other financial issues, reports, and trends to assist the Board, and the senior leadership team to help inform their work.
• Develops short- and long-term financial forecasts and scenario planning models to support strategic outcomes.
• Leads the creation and tracking of the annual operating and capital budgets.
• Analyzes, recommends and tracks financial data for special projects and major purchases (e.g., capital campaigns, endowments, etc.)
• Ensures adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
• Serves as the primary liaison for the Board Finance Committee to support meeting coordination, forecasts, budgets, oversight of investment strategies and portfolio, and other updates.
• Prepares and presents monthly, quarterly and annual fiscal information (and multi-year projections) to the staff, Finance Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Creates, monitors and enforces written policies and procedures systems for internal financial controls.
• Facilitates organizational risk management assessment and mitigation process, and monitors with the executive team and board.
• Assesses and manages an appropriate level of operational insurance coverages and stays abreast of best practices for risk management to protect the food bank. (e.g., policies, insurance, systems, operating procedures)
• Ensures compliance with document retention policies and regulations.
Human Resources and Administration:
• Oversees the management and day-to-day operations as it relates to human resources, which includes employee relations, recruiting & on-boarding, benefit & leave administration.
• Serves as the primary liaison for the Board Human Resources Committee.
• Works with the senior management team to ensure all employee handbook policies are updated and enforced.
• Provides counseling to management and employees as it relates to the application of company policies, programs and benefits.
• Oversees current employee compensation and benefits programs, including 401K and health benefits, and manages employee payroll.
• Investigates cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees to retain staff and attract future qualified individuals.
• Leads RFPs for banking, investment management, insurance and other administrative vendors and services.
• Demonstrates purpose-driven leadership by engaging and developing others to create trust and fosters high performance.
• Builds strong relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders and values both relationships and results.
• Recognizes and is responsive to the needs of the organization, including the staff, the Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders.
• Builds and leads a strong, cohesive team, and provides effective and timely performance feedback.
• Demonstrates a strong business acumen that is complemented by integrity, courage and professionalism.
• Communicates effectively in both written and verbal form.
• Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/MACC/CMA/CPA or related degree;
• Five years of senior management experience; preferably in the non-profit or manufacturing sector.
• Experience in contract and grants management preferred.
• Analytical skills with excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management and forecasting methods.
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full-time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including PTO (vacation, holiday, sick pay) paid life insurance policy, & health (medical, vision, and dental) insurance & 401K.
To apply, please visit https://chattfoodbank.recruiterbox.com/
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank leads a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region. We acquire and distribute healthy food across a 20 county service region; we engage the public in the fight to end hunger; we empower people to take responsibility for their health and their lives.
Visit our website www.chattfoodbank.org to learn more about our organization.