Bo Soderbergh is retiring after twenty-two years of service to the Tarrant Area Food Bank. The organization has experienced significant growth under his leadership, while staying focused on improving the well-being of its clients. The Board of Directors is now embarking on a search for his successor, who will serve as a major presence for TAFB locally, regionally and nationally.
• Executive Leadership: Serve as TAFB’s principal leader, representative, and spokesperson to the greater community.
• Board Relations: Promote a strong, effective and collegial relationship with members of the Board of Directors.
• Fund Development: In close coordination with the Senior Director of Development, establish, maintain, and cultivate philanthropic relations with major funding partners.
• Community Relations: Serve as TAFB’s Chief Public Spokesperson in articulating hunger challenges and effectively communicate the food bank’s efforts to address and meet those needs.
• Staff Relations: Cultivate a team environment by inspiring collaborative efforts among staff and empowering individuals to achieve goals.
• Financial Management: Direct and be accountable for the organization’s financial management, maintaining a healthy balance sheet and building its assets.
• Operations and Programs: Support the Associate Executive Director in development of creative and innovative methods of food acquisition and distribution to ensure adequate food is available and the needs of the food insecure are met.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred;
• Minimum 7 years of senior management experience required;
• Professional background where excellence in financial management, setting and executing strategy, and organizational/departmental management were essential and demonstrated;
• Favorable experience leading a large staff;
• Success raising funds for a philanthropic enterprise;
• Demonstrated expertise managing board committees and cultivating board relationships, strongly preferred; and
• Compassion for the mission and meaningful experience working with similar client population.
Victory Search Group (VSG) has the privilege of leading the recruitment of the Chief Executive Officer for the Tarrant Area Food Bank. VSG is a senior level retained executive search firm serving a select group of clients, including nonprofit and human services organizations, from five offices across the United States.
Interested individuals please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with TAFB in the subject line. All inquiries and discussions will be kept strictly confidential.
Tarrant Area Food Bank (TAFB) was founded in 1982 by a group of Fort Worth residents concerned about hunger in their community. As Fort Worth has grown to the 13th largest city in the nation, so has the need for the Food Bank’s mission to empower communities to eliminate hunger by providing food, education and resources through innovation and collaboration. Last year it distributed more than 26 million nutritious meals, 515,000 meals weekly, through 270 partner agencies.