Position Description: The Chief Executive Officer has overall responsibility for the operation of the Food Bank. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following; financial management, fundraising, public relations, food procurement and distribution, community liaison, agency and Feeding America relations, and management of all employees and facilities.
• Works closely with the Board of Directors to establish and evaluate the Strategic Plan. Meets with the Board of Directors at all regularly scheduled meetings, special meetings, and committee meetings. Maintains and provides to the Board of Directors all records necessary to fulfill inquiries.
• Provides vision and leadership in establishing strategies, objectives and procedures for carrying out the Strategic Plan.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of department heads who manage Programs, Philanthropy and Communications, Operations, Human Resources, and Finance.
• Provides support, leadership and mentoring of department heads while ensuring high employee morale, motivation and productivity. Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Reviews operating results of the organization, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate actions are implemented to align day-to-day operational activities that support and achieve those objectives.
• Ensures the adequacy and soundness of the organization’s financial health and compliance. Oversees the organization’s financial systems, practices and reporting in compliance with all fiduciary responsibilities associated with a 501 (c) (3) entity.
• Serves as the primary spokesperson for relations with the media, funding sources/the financial community, partner organizations and other nonprofits.
• Fosters organizational transparency and the positive reputation of the Food Bank within local, state and national venues by serving the needs of, and respecting all stakeholders in the organization’s mission.
• Maintains collaborative relationships with other hunger relief organizations in the state including Regional Food Bank and Hunger Free Oklahoma.
• Minimum of a BS or BA from an accredited college, preferably in the social science field or human services or equivalent senior management experience. Preference will be given to candidates with at least five years experience in nonprofit management. Course work in business administration preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• Ability to represent the organization’s vision, mission, goals and outcome to Board members, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write and present speeches and articles that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to develop a program style budget and lead fund raising initiatives.
• Ability to interpret financial statements and processes and demonstrate financial acumen.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Demonstrated skills in managing and motivating staff.
• Demonstrated skill to develop and implement programs and partnerships to achieve strategic goals.
Please send Resume and Cover letter to [email protected].
Member of the Feeding American network of Food Banks.