This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of The Food Bank’s Central Pantry including staffing, supervision, intake management of programs, and reporting. The position oversees the facility and is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming environment for shoppers, community partners, and donors. This position is the public representative of Central Pantry and is responsible for maintaining strong partnerships, helping to present to community groups, and insuring those facing food insecurity are aware of the services offered.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Pantry including intake, management of programs (CSFP, VIP, etc.), building a positive environment for shoppers, tracking inventory and equipment, and developing and maintaining policies and records.
• Serves as the public connection for Central Pantry with shoppers, provides a respectful and dignified environment for shoppers, and identifies ways to make service provision equitable and efficient.
• Collaborates with the Communications team and the Chief Programs Officer on interactions with the media, the public, and community partners to provide education on the services Central Pantry offers.
• Communicates and collaborates with the Chief Operations Officer and The Food Bank warehouse team to ensure efficient deliveries, sufficient inventory, and building of strong relationships.
• Directs the retail rescue program with daily pick-ups, preparation, storage, and identifying and resolving inefficiencies or concerns
• Oversees daily intake operations in a manner that develops relationships with shoppers and insure shoppers are treated with respect and dignity
Staffing and Supervision:
• Trains and supervises all staff, hires new staff, submits payroll, approves time off, and makes recommendations to the Chief Programs Officer regarding salary and disciplinary actions
• Directs staff work for the daily stocking of shelves, receiving food donations, and handling food distribution, schedules and delegates work to all pantry personnel in a timely and effective manner
• Collaborates with the Assistant Pantry Manager on volunteer management to ensure that tasks are appropriately assigned, food safety/civil rights training completed, volunteers are trained to treat neighbors with dignity and respect, and volunteers have a good experience at Central Pantry
• Collaborates with the Assistant Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, schedule, orient, direct, and coordinate volunteers (including Community Service Workers) to perform daily Pantry activities.
• Assists shoppers and volunteers as needed at Central Pantry
Maintenance & Space:
• Coordinates and oversees the cleaning and maintenance work of the pantry facilities, including daily cleaning of the pantry (including documentation) and routine maintenance
• Coordinates space sharing agreements for community partners within Central Pantry ensuring efficient usage, smooth operations, and strong cooperation between all groups
• Reports maintenance problems to the Chief Operations Officer via the Facilities ticketing system
Reporting & Meetings:
• Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports as scheduled. Ensures that all data is accurately captured from shoppers, retail rescue, and other sources as required.
• Prepares and submits all USDA, TANF, Food Stamp, The Food Bank’s quarterly reports, and all other reports as scheduled
• Tracks and accurately records all food received and distributed through the Pantry
• Learns and becomes proficient at Oasis, the in-take system for Central Pantry
• Attends meetings at The Food Bank as requested
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Public Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Supervisory / management experience preferred
• Prior work experience in Social Services preferred
• Able to lift 25 pounds
• A valid Class E driver’s license and insurance
• Excellent organizational skills
• Self-starter who takes initiative to get tasks completed
• Ability to complete multiple priorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills and a high level of comfort speaking with groups of people
• Excellent conflict resolution skills
• Proficient computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Windows & Office Suite, and the ability to learn new software programs
• Ability to be certified as a ServSafe Manager and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) team member
Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, paid time off, matching 401(k)
Apply on our website: https://sharefoodbringhope.org/employment-opportunities