This position will develop and support the Food Bank’s presence in local counties through the engagement and cultivation of volunteers, service to agency and donor partners, and community outreach. This position oversees all center operations.
• Oversee operations of center warehouse, production, and transportation operations, including:
o Physical preparation of facility for local events or meetings to be held at center.
o Operation of industrial lift equipment - both manual and powered to assist in the movement of product.
o General and regular facility cleaning/maintenance.
o Provide guidance and directions to center assigned drivers, while working in partnership with Transportation Team Leadership
• Work closely with the volunteer team leadership to ensure adequate support of the volunteer experience. Develop, maintain, and utilize a volunteer base in line with the production needs of the Food Bank.
• Work closely with center Agency Area Representative to maintain positive relationships with agencies in surrounding service area.
o Understand, build and maintain appropriate inventory for local agencies.
• Maintain a general understanding of all food bank programs and assist in the coordination of programs across the center’s service area (e.g child nutrition program etc.)
• Manage logistics of all inbound shipments, including programs, agency orders, material for production, warehouse inventory. Segregate and deliver product to appropriate location.
• Be alert and engage senior leadership to public relations/promotional activities related to raising general community awareness of hunger issues in assigned counties.
• Represent Northern Illinois Food Bank in community organizations and at appropriate local events.
• Maintain and adhere to all standard operating procedures, from organization to inventory controls.
• Full ownership of location budgeting process and control.
• Full ownership of the physical safety of team members and food safety and defense. This includes but is not limited to, health department visits and full AIB execution.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills, Education, & Experience
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in social services, business or related area or equivalent experience.
•Three to five years of management experience. Proven success in managing performance and positive employee relations.
•Strong customer focus.
•Excellent communication skills.
•Self-starter who can work independently.
•Must have valid Driver’s License.
•Ability to assess and determine low cost opportunities
•Certified (or certifiable) to operate powered industrial lift trucks.
•Able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 75 pounds (with assistance) occasionally.
•Capable of being on feet including walking 70% of the day and up to three hours at a time (as per the standard volunteer shift).
•Proficient with various computer programs including – Word, Excel and Outlook.
Full range of benefits - medical, dental, vision, STD, and LTD. There is a matching 401K.
Please apply via our website: https://solvehungertoday.org/about-us/join-our-team/
Who We Are: Our vision at Northern Illinois Food Bank is for everyone in Northern Illinois to have the food they need to thrive. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and proud member of Feeding America, we serve our neighbors in 13 counties with dignity, equity and convenience, providing 250,000 meals a day. We bring together manufacturers, local and corporate grocers, area farmers, corporations, foundations, and individuals who donate food and funding, and each week nearly 1,000 volunteers help us evaluate, repack, and distribute food. We also proudly partner with more than 900 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and youth and senior feeding programs to provide nutritious food and resources. Our distribution centers are located in Geneva, Park City, Rockford and Joliet.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a forklift, as well as a lot of standing, walking, bending and stooping. This is a physical job. This position periodically requires sliding a 60 lb. pallet and occasionally handle boxes up to 75 lbs with assistance. This role requires operating devices such as electric pallet jacks and forklifts to safely move and/or stack products and pallets around the warehouse. The employee is also regularly required to communicate. This role is very fluid from day to day, where some days will be more physically active than others.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Position Location: This position is based out of our North Suburban Center (Park City) location.