The Pantry Driver is responsible for playing an integral role in the mission to share food with the Boone County community. The main duty will be to pick up food donations from local retailers and distributors; delivering them to the Central Pantry in a timely and safe manner.
- Responsible for collecting food donations from local grocery stores and restaurants
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Pantry Vehicle
- Maintain vehicle safety and maintenance schedule
- Maintain paperwork for the food recovery program with daily pick-ups, preparation, storage, and stocking
- Ensure orders from The Food Bank and local donors are picked up promptly on schedule
- Assist in tracking and accurately recording all grocery rescue food received through the Pantry
- Assist and perform, the general maintenance of the vehicle cleanliness, safety and operation (including documentation) and routine maintenance
- Report cleaning/maintenance problems to the Pantry Manager
• have valid CDL B with large box truck driving experience
• have acceptable driving history with minimal incidents/accidents
• have good customer service and public relations skills.
• be committed to helping others and sensitive to the needs of the low-income community
• be able to lift 70 pounds; load and unload deliveries with lifts and equipment
• be committed to safety practices as a driver and in a warehouse environment
• be adaptable to changing job duties as needed
• possess a High School Diploma or GED
Life and AD&D
Long Term Disability
Paid Time Off
401(k) with company match
Apply online: https://sharefoodbringhope.org/employment-opportunities
The Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri is a regional disaster and hunger relief network that acquires and distributes millions of pounds of food annually to partner agencies across a 32-county area.
A member of Feeding America, The Food Bank is able to work with manufacturers, wholesalers, processors, growers, retailers and restaurants to secure donations and food at reduced costs. Because of these partnerships, we are able to turn every dollar into $21 worth of groceries.
The Food Bank works with 140 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other agencies to ensure food gets into the hands of those who need it most. We are the only food bank in the state to provide that food at no charge to other organizations.