The CalFresh Outreach Program Manager is responsible for developing, streamlining, and maintaining all aspects of CalFresh (Food Stamp) Outreach program processes and connections between the Food Bank and associated counties, reporting statistical information, and directly supervising the work of six Outreach Coordinators. CalFresh is a federally funded program, formerly known as Food Stamps and nationally known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of CalFresh program application and enrollment procedures.
• Serve as a liaison between Contra Costa County and Solano County’s CalFresh staff and the Food Bank to hold related trainings, provide outreach and support.
• Attend collaborative meetings and trainings at the community, County, and State level.
• Directly supervise the work of 6 CalFresh Outreach Coordinators.
• Prescreen clients for program eligibility and assist with completion of the CalFresh application and understanding of the interview process.
• Ensure scope of work is executed and reporting is accurate regarding CalFresh outreach to California Association of Food Banks and other funders.
• Evaluate systems for efficiency and suggest and implement changes accordingly.
• Manage and occasionally conduct outreach with community and faith based organizations to develop opportunities to explain the benefits of the CalFresh program to eligible populations.
• Assist Advocacy Manager in publicizing CalFresh outreach efforts.
• Develop and maintain statistics and records documenting outreach activities, applications completed, submitted, and successfully processed, along with records of declined applications and reasoning.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
• Two or more years of experience supervising and directing the work of others required.
• Experience managing sales teams preferred but not required.
• Valid California driver’s license, current insurance and ability to be insured by Food Bank insurance. Ability to drive personal car for work related purposes (mileage will be reimbursed at the standard Federal rate).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of databases.
• Knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, budget, and time management.
• Proficient in basic math concepts. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to work under general supervision with limited guidance and direction.
• Ability to read, interpret, and write professional reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before diverse groups of people.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “CalFresh Outreach Manager.” Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to:
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano,
Attn: Human Resources,
4010 Nelson Ave, Concord,
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is an Equal Opportunity Employer