As a dedicated and resourceful professional who thrives on making a difference in the lives of others, you will be responsible for conducting CalFresh (food stamp) outreach with community and faith-based organizations throughout Contra Costa and Solano Counties. CalFresh is a federally funded program, formerly known as Food Stamps and nationally known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
• Conduct community outreach with community and faith-based organizations to develop opportunities to explain the benefits of CalFresh to food stamp eligible populations.
• Develop a strong understanding of CalFresh program application and enrollment procedures.
• Prescreen clients for eligibility for the CalFresh program and assist them with completing the application and understanding the interview process.
• Speak to community groups and churches serving the CalFresh eligible population about the benefits of the program in order to increase enrollment.
• Maintain records documenting CalFresh outreach activities.
• Follow confidentiality procedures ensuring the protection of clients’ personal information.
• Assist CalFresh Outreach staff in publicizing CalFresh outreach efforts, including handling registration for agency meetings and trainings and preparing packets for the meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency required.
• Professional experience in sales or outreach is preferred, as is familiarity with federal entitlement programs. Sales, banking, or customer service experience a plus.
• Valid California driver’s license and insurance, and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance required.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Apple iOS.
• Ability to work under general supervision with limited guidance and direction.
• Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data and design workflow and procedures.
• Ability to read, interpret, write professional reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before diverse groups of people.
• Knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, and time management.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to regularly climb stairs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To Apply: Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “CalFresh Outreach Program Coordinator.” Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to:
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
Attn: Human Resources
4010 Nelson Avenue
Concord, CA 94520
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org
This is a grant funded position requiring daily travel to sites within Contra Costa and Solano counties. Use of personal vehicle for travel is required with mileage reimbursement at the standard federal rate. Food Bank employees are considered essential workers in times of disaster and expected to report to work after securing the safety of their families.