As a dedicated and resourceful professional who thrives on making a difference in the lives of others, you will be responsible for conducting CalFresh (food stamp) outreach at designated healthcare organizations throughout Contra Costa and Solano Counties. CalFresh is a federally funded program, formerly known as Food Stamps and nationally known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
• Conduct community outreach with healthcare organizations to develop opportunities to explain the benefits of CalFresh to food stamp eligible populations.
• Develop a strong understanding of CalFresh program application and enrollment procedures.
• Prescreen clients for eligibility for the CalFresh program and assist them with completing the application and understanding the interview process.
• Speak to healthcare employees serving the CalFresh eligible population about the benefits of the program in order to increase enrollment.
• Maintain records documenting CalFresh outreach activities.
• Follow confidentiality procedures ensuring the protection of clients’ personal information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency required.
• Professional experience in sales or outreach is preferred, as is familiarity with federal entitlement programs.
• Valid California driver’s license and insurance, and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance required.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Apple iOS.
• Ability to work under general supervision with limited guidance and direction.
• Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data and design work flow and procedures.
• Ability to read, interpret, and write professional reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before diverse groups of people.
• Knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, and time management.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to regularly climb stairs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “CalFresh Outreach Program Coordinator.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano Attn: Human Resources 4010 Nelson Avenue Concord, CA 94520
Started over 40 years ago, the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is leading the fight to end hunger, in partnership with our community and in service of our neighbors in need. An alarming 1 in 8 people within Contra Costa and Solano counties turn to the Food Bank for emergency and supplemental food. The Food Bank has developed programs that address the size of this need as well as nutritional needs of the people we serve. From program specialists to fundraisers, nutritionists to warehouse workers, the Food Bank’s 75+ staff members and our Board of Directors are a diverse and dedicated group. We run an efficient organization; 96 cents of every dollar donated goes towards food distribution and we earned our eighth consecutive 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator. We rely on volunteers, who last year donated 118,187 hours of time – the equivalent of 56 full-time employees! The Food Bank embraces diversity through a supportive, creative, and inclusive work environment where each employee has the opportunity for personal and professional development. We look for candidates who care deeply about our mission and values. For more information, please visit www.foodbankccs.org.