The CalFresh ABAWD Navigator is responsible for providing support and coaching to current and potential CalFresh clients who may or may not be subject to the Able Bodied Adult without Dependents (ABAWD) policy provision of CalFresh. The CalFresh ABAWD Navigator will be contacting current clients with potential ABAWD designation to discuss possible exemptions and share resource information in an attempt to assist clients with the continuation of CalFresh benefits. Additionally, the Navigator will be the point of contact for ABAWD referrals from multiple sources (Community Based Organizations, County Eligibility Workers, etc.) to educate, provide support, and vet exemptions for ABAWD designated CalFresh clients.
CalFresh is a federally funded program, formerly known as Food Stamps and nationally known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). ABAWD policy limits the receipt of CalFresh (SNAP) benefits to 3 months in a 36-month period for able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs) who are not working at least 80 hours per month, participating in qualifying education and training activities at least 80 hours per month, or complying with a workfare program.
• Serve as the expert on ABAWD and CalFresh policies and stay abreast of policy changes.
• Prescreen existing client base for potential ABAWD designation in order to identify possible exemptions, identify appropriate work/volunteer resources, provide support, and answer questions as needed.
• Maintain detailed records documenting outreach efforts and client conversations.
• Follow strict confidentiality procedures ensuring the protection of personal client information.
• Serve as a liaison between the Food Bank and Contra Costa County’s Employment and Human Services Department, which administers CalFresh.
• Attend collaborative meetings and trainings at the community and County level.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of one to two years of relevant work experience in sales or outreach is preferred. Familiarity with CalFresh/SNAP or federal entitlement programs preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency required.
• A high level of professionalism with solid interpersonal and client service skills.
• Ability to synthesize and explain complex or diverse information, such as government policy and impact, to ABAWD designated clients.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to work with a diverse range of individuals experiencing chronic hunger.
• Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, including high call volume (incoming/outgoing).
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Apple iOS.
• Valid California driver’s license and insurance and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance policy, required.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “CalFresh ABAWD Navigator.” Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to:
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano,
Attn: Human Resources, 4010 Nelson Ave,
Concord, CA 94520
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org
This is a grant funded position