The Annual Fund Manager is an independent, strategic project manager and integral member of the fundraising team. This position supports the Development Director in the execution of the Food Bank’s annual development plan to meet the overall departmental fundraising goal. The ideal candidate is data driven, develops processes that increase organizational efficiency, and excels at internal communication. With a good eye and passion for the Food Bank’s mission, this person must stay positive under pressure and consistently produces exceptional work. The Annual Fund Manager directly supervises two Development Associates and the Special Events Coordinator.
Fundraising and Stewardship:
• In collaboration with the Development Director, develop and execute the overarching fundraising strategy and creative direction of the Annual Fund program in order to acquire, retain and upgrade donors.
• In conjunction with the Development team, establish a comprehensive stewardship program targeted at annual fund donor base.
• Manages all Annual Fund individual fundraising programs, including direct mail, email marketing, telecommunications campaigns, monthly giving, and serves as the primary liaison for vendors.
• Oversee the design of compelling and effective mail and email stewardship pieces for all Annual Fund donors, including monthly, mid-level, and major donors in collaboration with Communications Department and direct mail vendors.
• Evaluate and create donor segments to increase engagement and funding.
• Develop a deep understanding of what motivates each donor segment through continuous testing of best practices; share these learnings regularly across the Development and Communications team.
• Communicate donor impact in innovative and creative ways, strengthening current stewardship programs and launching new initiatives to increase retention rates.
• Oversee and evaluate the stewardship process for annual fund donors, including drafting letters and creating stewardship opportunities.
• Works with the Development Director to ensure all annual fund tactics are aligned with the strategic goals of the department and ensure appropriate tracking mechanisms are in place to evaluate effectiveness of tactics throughout the year.
Internal Collaboration and Team Coordination
• Work collaboratively with the Development team to ensure the Annual Fund program is an effective pipeline for other giving opportunities.
• Team up with the Donor Database Specialist to measure, analyze, and report on fundraising and program performance to inform strategic decisions.
• Collaborate with the Communications and Database Team to ensure that all donor communications, including direct mail, acknowledgment letters, welcome series and other stewardship pieces are accurate and timely.
• Work closely with the Communications Director to ensure our printed and electronic fundraising strategy is on track and meeting expectations.
• Coordinate with each member of the Development team to ensure donor benefit fulfillment.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of both donor cultivation events and donor appreciation events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred and at least 4 years of non-profit experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Direct mail experience strongly preferred.
• Valid CA driver’s license and insurance and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance policy.
• Strong knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, budget, and time management.
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and creative problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience writing creative and impactful communication that inspires donors to give.
• Experience evaluating processes and making strategic recommendations that increase fundraising success.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline driven role.
• Proven track record working in a collaborative team environment with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
• Significant level of computer proficiency including MS Office and CRM tools; Salesforce experience a plus.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Annual Fund Manager.” Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, Attn: Human Resources,
4010 Nelson Ave., Concord, CA 94520