At Food Bank of the Rockies more than 65 million pounds of food flows through our operation every year. Our mighty team of 100+ employees across four locations collectively serve 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming. We provide more than 145,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger. Would you like to make a difference in your community while pursuing your career and passion? Food Bank of the Rockies has partnered with AmeriCorps to bring you 3 varying positions that aim to reduce hunger in our Wyoming location.
The USDA Commodity Representative is responsible for performing senior population verification of eligibility for food assistance under the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP). It maintains applicable and necessary documentation, per Federal and/or state guidelines, and the contractual obligations with Wyoming Human Services Department for CSFP Eligible Recipient Agencies (ERA) sites at the direction and under the oversight of the direct supervisor. Various duties and responsibilities of The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) may also be assigned.
The Mobile Pantry Representative coordinates all aspects of Food Bank of the Rockies’ urban and rural Mobile Pantry programs including food menu, driver scheduling, and agency, volunteer and site coordination, monitoring and reporting.
The Agency Relations Representative is responsible for supporting our partner agencies to ensure compliance with Feeding America regulations and Food Bank of the Rockies policies. This role actively engages with all existing partner agencies to review, update, and maintain program files and documentation.
• Commitment to fulfilling the mission of Food Bank of the Rockies; represents Food Bank of the Rockies brand in a positive manner internally and externally
• Demonstrates compassion and sensitivity to vulnerable populations
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively with a wide range of constituents
• Ability to communicate persuasively and articulately both verbally and in writing. Comfortable with public speaking and delivering training sessions to large groups
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people and communicate effectively in written and verbal manner.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; strong data entry skills
• Strong work ethic, including organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
• High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 2 years’ prior experience working in customer service roles
• Prior experience working in a nonprofit environment strongly preferred
• Ability to learn and adhere to HIPAA laws and compliance (sensitive and confidential information)
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level; bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
• Must have a current driver license and reliable vehicle for frequent partner site visits
• Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite and online technologies
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply at foodbankrockies.org/apply.