The Agriculture Education Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the coordination and implementation of our Agricultural Education offerings. The Agricultural Education Coordinator works closely with the Agricultural Department Staff and external partners to meet program goals. This position will require travel between multiple sites, both internal and external.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead hands-on education with Growing School Garden teachers during the school day in both Wake and Durham counties
• Coordinate the after-school program Sprout Scouts, and train volunteers and interns associated with the program, for Wake and Durham counties
• Lead and support additional educational programs in agriculture department as needed
• Attend, and advocate within, relevant community partnership meetings
• Meet regularly with Ag Education Manager, school administrators, and teachers to evaluate and update programming; assist with evaluation administration
• Build strong relationships with relevant partners
• Establish and maintain participant tracking and other data collection systems
• Record metrics for all programs for monthly report and assist with relevant grant reporting
• Oversee upkeep and organization of indoor and outdoor classroom and all relevant supplies
• Other duties as assigned
• Two + years of facilitation and teaching experience with adults of all ages and youth
(ages 4-18; outdoor group management experience preferred)
• Two + years of demonstrated ability in small-scale vegetable production
• Strong Communication skills and comfortable interacting with individuals from varying backgrounds
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate across departments and teams
• Experience supervising volunteers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and G-Suite
• Ability to pass a criminal Background check
• North Carolina Driving license and clean driving record
WORKING CONDITIONS: Computer work is required, with extended hours as needed. Physical work in the outdoors, in all weather conditions and temperatures can be anticipated.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
• Food Shuttle Medical Benefits: The Food Shuttle currently contributes 65% of the employee-only premium for the Core Medical Plan, 65% of the employee-only Dental Plan, and 100% towards the employee's Life Insurance.
• Simple IRA: The Food Shuttle Provides a matching contribution equal to 100% of the elective deferrals, up to a limit of 3% of the compensation for the calendar year.
• Paid Time Off: Fifteen (15) Paid Time Off (PTO) days annually.
• Paid Holidays: Ten (10) designated paid holidays per year, including your birthday.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: May 24, 2021
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to build a team of individuals from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences.
ABOUT US: Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 14-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach, and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.