The Agency Services Representative serves as a liaison between the food bank and its partner agencies. Reporting to the Program Services Director, the Agency Services Representative will be responsible for overseeing the relationships of all partner agencies with the food bank including: agency setup, compliance, and all service aspects of the partnership.
• Maintains and oversees the day-to-day relations between partner agencies and the food bank
• Screens potential agencies and their personnel for ETFB partnership. Reviews agency’s mission, oversees completion of all applications and forms, conducts site visits, and develops a recommendation for the Agency Services Manager and Programs Director.
• Screens potential agencies for ETFB partnership.
• Assists with Orientation and ongoing training of Agencies
• Ensures partner agencies are being monitored annually for program compliance
• Handles incoming calls from clients in need of food and potential agencies desiring to partner in food relief efforts.
• Provides assistance/advice to agencies regarding the storage and distribution of food, and basic food bank procedure.
• Initial setup of agencies and shoppers in Oasis Insight (internal database)
• Educates partner agency staff and volunteers on client civil rights.
• Helps organize and plan the Annual Member Agency Conference.
• Helps plan and organize Agency Council meetings
• Informs the Agency Services Manager of issues regarding partner agency compliance
• Maintains quality relationship with Texas Department of Agriculture with regard to The Emergency Food Assistance Program, and stays up to date on all of the programs’ changes and requirements.
• Ensures program compliance with state and federal regulations on an administrative and site level.
• All other duties as assigned
• 2 years progressive work experience in non-profit industry.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
• Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle report.
• Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills, bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
• Technologically proficient. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new software
systems. Specific knowledge of client databases & inventory software a plus.
• Ability to work with attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting of deadlines.
• Experience working with governmental agencies and other non-profits a plus.
• Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
Office environment: requires the use of general office equipment such as telephone, computers, calculators and copiers and walking across the warehouse and office areas. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus.
This position requires about 70% travel throughout our 26 county service area.
ETFB offers a competitive benefits package.
Submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
or via fax to: 903 964-5000
The mission of the East Texas Food Bank is to fight hunger and feed hope in East Texas. The Food Bank’s team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger in East Texas. Staff is committed to embodying the Food Bank’s values in all activities. Relationships are based on collaboration and respect. Resources are leveraged in a manner that is strategic and cost effective in order to achieve the Food Bank’s mission and goals.