The Agency Relations Program Coordinator directs the network of food pantries and all other agencies that receive food from the Food Bank. This position is fast paced with lots of multi-tasking and customer service needs. The ideal person for this role will be compliance driven and unafraid to enforce rules, but also professional, compassionate, and understanding of the missions and values of our member agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor active member agencies, including Food Assistance Program sites every other year (or more often if required) and document each monitoring visit with a written report.
• Maintain up-to-date and complete files on member agencies and manage agency component of Navision database.
• Certify food pantries, making sure that pantries keep regular hours, provide a nutritious food basket, and submit reports with service information each month to the Food Bank.
• Create a quarterly newsletter for partner agencies.
• Design and apply trainings to obtain compliance with Feeding America standards.
• Ability to coordinate annual Agency Summit event with partner agencies.
• Tabulate and maintain agency service statistics, shopper information, and mailing lists.
• Learn all facets of the Senior Food Program, Food for Children, and Food Assistance Program in order to back up other Program Coordinators.
• This position requires ability to work some nights and weekends (generally during Nov. and Dec.), outdoors, and in low income areas. Job duties are 70% office, 30% field work. Use of personal vehicle required with mileage reimbursed at the standard federal rate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree and one to two years related experience and/or training. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Experience with social service and community organizations, including outreach highly desired.
• Bilingual, English/Spanish highly desirable.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office. Must be competent working with Google docs. Familiarity with inventory software is a plus.
• Knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration and time management.
• The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively and professionally before groups of customers, employees, and the general public demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
• Communicates accurately, honestly, supportively and in a timely manner with department and interdepartmental team members. Demonstrates strong planning, organizing, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision. Works effectively under pressure to meet established goals and objectives.
• Valid California Driver’s license and insurance and ability to be insured under the Food Bank’s auto insurance required.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Agency Relations Program Coordinator”. Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to:
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
Attn: Human Resources
4010 Nelson Avenue
Concord, CA 94520
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org
Food Bank employees are considered essential workers in times of disaster and expected to report to work after securing the safety of their families.