Agency Relations Program Coordinator position available in Concord, CA.
• Monitor active member agencies, including Food Assistance Program sites, and document each monitoring visit with a written report.
• Maintain up-to-date and complete files on member agencies and manage Agency component of Navision database.
• Certify food pantries, making sure that pantries keep regular hours, provide a nutritious food basket, and submit reports with service information each month to the Food Bank.
• Create a quarterly newsletter for partner agencies.
• Design and apply trainings to obtain compliance with Feeding America standards.
• Ability to coordinate the annual Agency Summit event with partner agencies.
• Tabulate and maintain agency service statistics, shopper information, and mailing lists.
• Learn all facets of the Senior Food Program, Food for Children and Food Assistance Program in order to back up other Program Coordinators.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid CA driver’s license and insurance and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance policy.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word and Excel) and order processing systems.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• A high level of professionalism with solid interpersonal and client service skills.
• Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity; upholds organizational values.
• Ability to synthesize and explain complex or diverse information, such as policy and impact.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics where only limited standardization exists.
• Basic math skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Agency Relations Program Coordinator.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano Attn: Human Resources 4010 Nelson Avenue Concord, CA 94520
Started over 40 years ago, the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is leading the fight to end hunger, in partnership with our community and in service of our neighbors in need. An alarming 1 in 8 people within Contra Costa and Solano counties turn to the Food Bank for emergency and supplemental food. The Food Bank has developed programs that address the size of this need as well as nutritional needs of the people we serve. From program specialists to fundraisers, nutritionists to warehouse workers, the Food Bank’s 75+ staff members and our Board of Directors are a diverse and dedicated group. We run an efficient organization; 96 cents of every dollar donated goes towards food distribution and we earned our eighth consecutive 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator. We rely on volunteers, who last year donated 118,187 hours of time – the equivalent of 56 full-time employees! The Food Bank embraces diversity through a supportive, creative, and inclusive work environment where each employee has the opportunity for personal and professional development. We look for candidates who care deeply about our mission and values. For more information, please visit: www.foodbankccs.org
This position requires the ability to work some nights and weekends, outdoors, and in low-income areas. Job duties are 70% office, 30% field work. Use of personal vehicle required with mileage reimbursed at the standard federal rate.
The Agency Relations Program Coordinator directs the network of food pantries and all other agencies that receive food from the Food Bank. This position is fast paced with lots of multi-tasking and customer service needs. The ideal person for this role will be compliance-driven and unafraid to enforce rules, but also professional, compassionate, and understanding of the missions and values of our member agencies.