Provide communications leadership for agency projects and programs that alleviate the causes and impacts of poverty in the community. Responsible for carrying out agency plans for developing, managing and supporting Action Pathways, Inc. branding and outreach efforts: print, social media, website, signage. Responsible for brand management. Will be expected to become completely familiar with the agency's programs, mission, and philosophy, and fully participate in promoting accomplishment of agency's goals and objectives for all programs. Work to developing relationships with local, statewide and national media and local community stakeholders.
Employee is expected to be able to comfortably and effectively communicate orally, excel in written communications, read well, understand and implement complex instructions, make sound decisions, and maintain records. Identify and implement opportunities that support and/or extend the Action Pathways brand. Read, understand and develop budget and expense reports, support Agency Advancement work to identify and submit grant proposals. Employee is expected to be familiar with MS Office Suite, design software, and customer relationship management software.
• Level of Performance:
Work closely with the program/department directors, and other agency staff in preparing collateral materials in support of ACTION PATHWAYS mission and programs. (Brochures, eb pages, FaceBook pages, press releases, employee newsletter.)
• Spearhead efforts to provide online access to Action Pathways' forms and documents: employment applications; program applications; governing board materials
• Develop and implement strategies to maintain an up-to-date Action Pathways' website. Provides quality assurance to accuracy of website content (grammar, spelling of names).
• Prepare the agency's annual report and release it timely, in accordance with grantor requirements. Ensure Action Pathways Corporate as well as the focus areas receive visibility in the annual report.
• Support Agency Advancement department work in responding to RFPs. in particular with proofreading and editing drafts and the final document.
• Provide leadership to the creation of visual materials used for agency-wide or programmatic fundraising projects and/or public relations events.
• Provide event planning leadership to agency-wide projects, to governing board fundraising efforts, and to programmatic public relations events.
• Prepare talking points for staff, board members and volunteers to use as a tool to help spread the word about Action Pathways' mission and activities.
• Prepare presentations (PowerPoint, TED Talks, TV presentation) that support Action Pathways projects/initiatives.
• Prepares an employee Newsletter that is released regularly, however at least monthly.
• Responsible for capturing photos of Action Pathways events, staff activities, programmatic events.
• Secures copyrights as appropriate for Action Pathways white papers, handbooks, investigative
• Establish relationships with radio station managers and TV stations that have a presence in the communities where Action Pathways, Inc. provides services.
• Supports the Agency Advancement Director in managing Action Pathways face to the community in times of crisis, such as a hurricane or other national disaster or in the unlikely event an accident occurs under Action Pathways' watch.
• Support Head Start and Agency Advancement efforts to procure the required 20 % non-federal match funding in accordance with acquisition rules and or regulations governing Non-federal Share and In-Kind to include state and federal law and Head Start Performance Standards using appropriate software
• Assist with the agency’s strategic planning to develop long and short range goals, establishing priorities, and implementing tactics that support those goals and objectives.
• Develop and maintain departmental reports compatible with Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) and Results Oriented Management and Accountability (ROMA) requirements.
• Coordinate with other service providers to initiate negotiations of joint venture agreements and knowledge sharing, obtain community and local government support, assist with and facilitate community development by participating in community groups, and promote the agency through contact with the media and state and national settings
• Performs related duties to ensure program goals and objectives are met on time, agency policies and procedures are followed and quality standards are achieved at the highest level. Performs all duties in accordance with mandated laws and regulations
• Communication, Written & Oral: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for public relations and agency branding. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to internal and external audiences.
• Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with:
a) peers, across different levels of the organization and externally.
b) media professionals
c) stakeholders supporting the mission of economic mobility for low income individuals and families.
• Project Leadership: Experience in planning, leading, and managing public relations projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
• Influencing: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
• Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
• Initiative: Able to work independently, self-motivated and goal oriented.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
Medical and Dental benefits, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 403b Retirement, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Vacation Bonus, Personal Leave. Etc.
Visit our webite www.actionpathways.ngo
Action Pathways is a non-profit human services agency offering a comprehensive and supportive approach to helping families and individuals achieve and sustain economic security— effectively providing them a path forward in life. Formed in 1964, Action Pathways is part of a national network of community action programs whose promise is to change people’s lives, embody the spirit of hope, and improve our communities.