This position offers a unique opportunity to provide administrative support to the Social Services Outreach team in managing the SNAP Application Assistance Program and contract.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, task-oriented, and reliable. Applicants should have strong writing, customer service, and time management skills, and an interest in connecting Texans experiencing hunger to the food and resources they need to thrive.
Job expectations for the Administrative Assistant include:
- Ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to contract-related requests from the State.
- Coordinate planning and logistics for Feeding Texas trainings, conferences, and events.
- Assist with the development, preparation, and delivery of contract deliverables, including data collection, reports, and training materials.
- Develop and maintain databases to track program activities.
- Work with staff and executive management on the coordination of meetings and external communications.
- Collaborate with external partners and network members to ensure that all training needs are met.
- Maintain a library of contract-related forms and materials.
- Provide support for financial, budget, and organization planning.
- Experience in an administrative support position within a business environment and/or a non-profit organization.
- Computer-literate with in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and other customer tracking software.
- Extensive knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Ability to juggle and adapt to multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- A strong ethical character capable of exercising good judgment and discretion and handling confidential information.
Applicants should also be committed to social and racial justice and health equity, with a belief that improving outcomes for all Texans--regardless of their race, place, or class--requires intersectional solutions that correct injustices and promote equity.
The annual salary is $38,000. Feeding Texas also offers a competitive benefits package. We strive to provide non-cash benefits that encourage a work-life balance and promote the physical, mental, and financial health of our employees and their families.
Please submit a one-page cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Please include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Anticipated December 2019 start date.
Feeding Texas is an Equal Opportunity employer that offers positions with varying skill levels and responsibilities that amplify our mission. We strongly encourage people with lived experiences of hunger and members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
Feeding Texas is a statewide network of food banks leading a unified effort to end hunger in Texas. Together with our 21 member food banks, we strive to ensure adequate, nutritious food for all Texans, improve the health and financial stability of the communities we serve, and engage all stakeholders in advocating for hunger solutions. Join us!
Feeding Texas is located in South Austin, TX on 1524 S IH 35 Frontage Rd #342, 78704
The Feeding Texas Social Services Outreach team administers the SNAP Application Assistance Program on behalf of our 21 member food banks. Our team trains food bank staff to assist people in applying for SNAP and other public benefits. The Social Services team provides contract oversight, quality assurance, technical assistance, program evaluation, and comprehensive training to strengthen food bank capacity to assist Texans in need.