The Accounting Clerk (Located in Casper, WY) is responsible for assisting the Denver office with accounts payable and accounts receivable processing; general human resource functions and provide support to the management team.
• Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Deposit all funds for any purpose
• Process agency payments
• Review agency accounts on a monthly basis and follow up on outstanding payments
• Gather and appropriately code invoices
• Ensure all invoices are received and paid in a timely manner
• Prepare monthly credit card statements to include matching receipts to each purchase, coding each and obtaining repayment on any missing receipts
• Maintain petty cash, including maintaining receipts and coding
• Reconcile donations between CERES, donor database and Denver Finance Team
• Responsible for general human resource functions
• Assist with New hire orientation and paperwork
• Complete necessary documentation for all new hires, changes and terminations
• Assist director in preparation of annual budget
• Manage CERES tasks related to Agency Relations
• Enter web schedule on TEFAP
• Guide and assist agencies regarding recall information (if needed), delays, and schedule changes
• Maintain written agreements and other paperwork for partner agency files
• Create delivery schedules and maintain through Fleetmatics
• Maintain DOT files and vehicle files
• Retrieve mail from post office, open, date and disperse to appropriate individuals
• Assist Denver location as needed
• Other duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting and standing for long periods, walking intermittently
• Using office equipment such as computer, mouse, keyboard, printer
• Indoor office environment
• Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds
• Ability to represent FBR with professional poise and work effectively with a wide range of constituents
• Demonstrates compassion and sensitivity to vulnerable populations
• Excellent organizational, time management and follow-through skills
• Self-directed and results-oriented
• Proactive and independent problem solver
• Exercise independent judgement, think critically and strategically, collaborate with others and follow-through to execute projects and program requirements
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to communicate persuasively and articulately both verbally and in writing
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree a plus; or equivalent work-related experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
• Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite and online technologies
• Experience using collaborative tools for file storage and sharing
Expected Hours of Work:
This role is considered full-time working approximately 40 hours per week and is eligible for overtime for any hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
Work schedule is Monday to Friday, and as needed.
Food Bank of the Rockies offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401K plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity and is thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply. Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please visit foodbankrockies.org/apply and apply today.