The Accounting Clerk is responsible for recording and reporting financial information related to SFBFS’ business activities. The Accounting Clerk will maintain employer’s financial records and data in accordance with GAAP standards. The Accounting Clerk assists with all facets of accounting, budgeting, internal controls, accounting information systems, banking relationships along with credit and data processing. The position requires performing functions of A/P, A/R, payroll, financial analysis and cash management and banking functions.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the following tasks (inclusive of and not limited to):
• Receiving data for entry into the accounting system, such as income, expenses, returned checks, bank charges and labor hours/codes. Record information into the accounting system and maintain a manual file system to store the hard-copy documents after entry into the record keeping system
• Accounting functions including accounts payable, vendor maintenance, accounts receivable, payroll processing, banking deposits and partner agencies-monthly statements and point of contact
• Developing detailed reports on a periodic basis for the employer regarding income, expenses, taxes and other reports as needed and ad hock reports
• Supporting Accountant and Senior Account with research, compiling relevant documentation needed for various accounting functions, assist with month end close and audits
• Maintaining grant documentation and apply allocations as needed
• Reviewing and correct monthly GL’s as instructed by Senior VP of Business Operations & Finance
• Maintaining files and orderliness of overall accounting department
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years QuickBooks - Mandatory
• Additional course work in accounting or business-related studies is preferred
• Minimum of three years of accounting experience
• Prior experience with a variety of staff accountant, payroll or bookkeeping tasks
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
• Good written, oral and organizational skills
• Non-profit accounting experience desired
Full-time; exempt position. Monday – Friday with occasional weekends, nights and holidays.
Primary work location: Family Services campus, office environment.
Comprehensive benefits, including some of the following: medical/dental/vision/life/LTD/retirement
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!