The Order Fulfillment Specialist supports warehouse operations by fulfilling orders and managing inventory in a timely and professional manner.
- Pulling items from proper locations and preparing for shipment.
- Load and unload material onto or from pallets, racks, and shelves by hand, or with pallet movers or reach trucks.
- Check all incoming inventory against purchase orders and vendor packing slip.
- Verify completeness of goods received against bills of lading, invoices and other records.
- Operate pallet jacks and dollies to load or unload trucks.
- Perform inventory cycle-count as required.
- Interact with vendors, trucking lines, purchasing agents, customers and appropriate personnel to ensure effective communications and dissemination of goods as required.
- Be familiar with services of the organization and their associated functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be proficient at multi-tasking, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by Order Fulfillment Manager.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must have high school diploma or equivalent
Willingness to work overtime as needed
Full time benefits apply
Northern Illinois Food Bank – a proud member of Feeding America – is the source of nutritious food, innovative feeding programs, and hope for more than 71,500 people each week. As a 501©3 non-profit organization with a goal of solving hunger in our 13-county service area, we rely on generous donors, volunteers, and community partners – the local food pantries and feeding programs, food manufacturers and retailers, companies, foundations, and individuals who join with us in our vision for no one to be hungry in Northern Illinois.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of frequency in other physical activities such as reaching, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling and crouching.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds, without assistance.