Child Hunger Corps members begin their two year service term in August. Applications are accepted between January and February, preliminary phone interviews are scheduled for March and in-person interviews at host food banks are scheduled for April. Final selection decisions are made in May.
- Volunteer or community service experience
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrated leadership
- Familiarity with anti-hunger/anti-poverty initiatives
- Ability to work and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work in a team and within broad coalitions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications and ability to learn new technological applications
- BA required
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger
Please submit all application materials, including a cover letter, one page resume, and short answer response in a single PDF document as an upload via Feeding America’s online job board system.
- Cover Letter: Please outline relevant skills and experiences (1 page max).
- Resume: Please include relevant academic, professional, and service experience.
- Short Answer Questions: Please answer the following questions, limiting your total response to maximum 1,000 words.
- Why do you want to be a member of the Child Hunger Corps? What about the program draws you to commit two years to national service?
- What relevant and/or unique skills do you possess that would make you a successful member of the 5th cohort of Child Hunger Corps members?
- Please describe a meaningful experience you have had volunteering, working within diverse communities, and/or developing programs. What lessons did you learn?
- How does participating in the Child Hunger Corps fit into your long-term professional plans?
- Please see host food bank list on the Feeding America online job board system. Which food bank would you like to be placed at? What about this community in particular draws you to serve there? If you are interested in multiple locations, please indicate the food banks you would like to be considered for and rank your placement preference.
Read reflections from current and past Corps members on the Feeding America blog.