|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park, FL
||January 22, 2018
||Warehouse Associate position available in Pembroke Park, FL
- Complete all assignments in accordance with food safety and handling regulations to ensure the integrity of products through proper inspection, handling and storage procedures.
- Pull agency orders quickly and accurately.
- Unload and receive inbound trucks as required, following protocol when inspecting product and weighing and tagging all products received, assigning product codes to all inbound items.
- Prepare branch orders for distribution. Verify paperwork associated with all incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Label all stock in accordance with inventory control procedures.
- Ensure proper inspection, handling, storage and distribution of all inventories in accordance with USDA, DOH, Safe Food Handling, OSHA, Feeding America (FA), and AIB.
- Ensure consistent application of “first-in first-out” rule as it relates to stocking and distribution of product, ensuring proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
- Ensure proper stacking of all products, stock storage spaces, rearrange and restack products.
- Inspect product to determine quality. Accurately record salvageable and unsalvageable inventory. Closely follow guidelines and controls regarding the Salvage Operation to help ensure its integrity.
- Continuously check inventory for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs of unsafe distribution.
- Perform maintenance and sanitation duties as assigned.
- Assist with physical inventory of products.
- Use material handling equipment and maintain equipment charging areas.
- Participate in the implementation of Safety Guidelines and Standards.
- Consistently emphasize and practice organization mission and values.
- Assist management with additional tasks as necessary.
- High school Diploma
- Ability to work in a freezer/cooler environment.
- Basic Math, Reading and Writing Skills in the English language.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
- Capable of following directions and communicate effectively.
- Capable of working under pressure, completing various assignments responsibly and in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and knowledge of technology and the Internet.
- Unwavering commitment to quality and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed with demonstrated passion for FSF’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
- Strong analytical skills; basic business intuition and common sense.
- Strong work ethic with the tenacity to work under extreme pressure.
- Skills in operation and maintenance of warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, coolers, freezers, electronic scales, etc.
- Forklift Certification and Material Handling Equipment.
- Preferences: ServSafe Certified, knowledge of Primarius software PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in a typical warehouse office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hand and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk, hear and smell.
- After business hours’ work is required occasionally throughout the year in connection with maintenance issues and physical inventories.
- Frequent travel between branches using personal vehicle is required.
- Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
- Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences using public transportation is required.
- Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments as well as in public and private venues where special events may be held with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and loud.
Employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- COVERED BY FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA: MEDICAL INSURANCE
- United HealthCare HMO fully covered for employee
- NPOS Plan available for a nominal out-of-pocket cost to employee LIFE INSURANCE
- $15,000 worth of coverage at no cost to employee RETIREMENT PLANNING
- Contribution to 401K after one year of employment ACCESS PROVIDED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Dental + Vision
- Life Insurance | UNUM (Additional coverage and short-term options available)
- Aflac Voluntary Benefits: - Critical Care - Hospital Advantage - Accident Indemnity Plan - Cancer Plan - Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account - Health Care | Minimum $200 - Maximum $2,500 per calendar year - Dependent Care | Minimum $200 – Maximum $5,000 per calendar year
||March 22, 2018
|How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should email their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
WHO WE ARE The leading domestic hunger-relief organization in South Florida Serving 25% of Florida’s Food Insecure Population Feeding South Florida is the sole Feeding America food bank serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties. We are the largest and most efficient food bank in each of the counties we serve. More than 98% of all donations are put back into the community. For every $1 donated to us, we can provide 6 meals. Through direct-service programs and a network of nonprofit partner agencies, including soup kitchens, food pantries, homeless shelters, and day cares, Feeding South Florida rescues 44 million pounds of food per year, as well as leads hunger and poverty advocacy efforts and provides innovative programming and education.
The Warehouse Associate (WA) will perform general warehouse duties and assist with the sanitation, inventory, receipt, and shipping of all products, from the warehouse facility. This includes the physical handling of product, rotation of stock, inspection of boxes, and operation of material handling equipment. This position requires accurate record-keeping and extensive interaction with the public and other team members