|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park, FL
||January 22, 2018
||Distribution Coordinator position available in Pembroke Park, FL
- Ensures distribution of product in a timely manner and to avoid waste, while simultaneously taking the capacity of the PA into consideration.
- Oversee agency marketplace, paying close attention to product leaving the dock doors, scales, and ensuring only the correct orders and product are loaded into agency vehicles.
- Maintain timely work flow of staged product, cooler/freezer product, and online/USDA orders.
- Ensure warehouse Marketplace is sanitary, presentable, safe, and well-stocked for the PAs and volunteers. This means preparing the market for closing, in between shifts, and for opening as well.
- Works with other Partner Services team members to assist with the tagging and coordination of product for programs and special distribution.
- Help assess and improve distribution including marketplace procedures, inventory opportunities, staging/tracking of orders, and technological improvements.
- Assist the Partner Services Manager with product selection for distribution programs. After gleaning and sorting, this position will be the first responder to understanding what products are available for distribution.
- Provide excellent customer communication, relationships, and service, while ensuring staff does the same.
- Assist with the planning and execution of any distribution and/or warehouse events.
- Assist VP of Community Relations as necessary.
- High School Diploma (AA preferred)
- Minimum 2+ years warehouse experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience using material handling equipment such as fork lifts, riders, pallet jacks, etc.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to speak publicly
- Sensitivity to diverse populations with the ability to serve people in a compassionate, patient, friendly, and courteous manner, showing sincere interest in people’s concerns.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers.
- Experience and comfort with training and teaching others.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and responsibilities.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, including a demonstrated impartiality to certain organizations, agencies, groups, or individuals.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications
- Strong math skills
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and good sense of humor
- Possession of a current and valid, Florida’s driver’s license, liability insurance and a clean driving record.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
Employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- COVERED BY FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA: MEDICAL INSURANCE
- United HealthCare HMO fully covered for employee
- NPOS Plan available for a nominal out-of-pocket cost to employee LIFE INSURANCE
- $15,000 worth of coverage at no cost to employee RETIREMENT PLANNING
- Contribution to 401K after one year of employment ACCESS PROVIDED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Dental + Vision
- Life Insurance | UNUM (Additional coverage and short-term options available)
- Aflac Voluntary Benefits: - Critical Care - Hospital Advantage - Accident Indemnity Plan - Cancer Plan - Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account - Health Care | Minimum $200 - Maximum $2,500 per calendar year - Dependent Care | Minimum $200 – Maximum $5,000 per calendar year
||March 22, 2018
|How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should email their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
WHO WE ARE The leading domestic hunger-relief organization in South Florida Serving 25% of Florida’s Food Insecure Population Feeding South Florida is the sole Feeding America food bank serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties. We are the largest and most efficient food bank in each of the counties we serve. More than 98% of all donations are put back into the community. For every $1 donated to us, we can provide 6 meals. Through direct-service programs and a network of nonprofit partner agencies, including soup kitchens, food pantries, homeless shelters, and day cares, Feeding South Florida rescues 44 million pounds of food per year, as well as leads hunger and poverty advocacy efforts and provides innovative programming and education.
The primary objective of the Distribution Coordinator (DC) is to help ensure product is distributed in an efficient manner to Feeding South Florida’s (FSF) network of Partner Agencies (PA), via the marketplace, sort, and all warehouse locations, in accordance with agency capacity and food safety guidelines. This position serves as a support to the Partner Services Manager by understanding the overall food flow and marketplace procedures and policies. This position is responsible for ensuring that waste is avoided, in conjunction with understanding the capacity of PAs, policies and guidelines of FSF; Feeding America; Florida Department of Agriculture; and Department of Health as they relate to the PAs and distribution of product. This position has an Operations background with a hybrid ability to work with diverse populations.