• Develop and provide strategic direction and management of the warehouse, logistics, and facilities team, ensuring appropriate hiring and staff development.
• Ensure efficient and proper execution of all operations functions, including but not limited to: fleet management and routing; receiving, picking, and shipping; inventory management; facilities maintenance and cleanliness; and food safety.
• Design, implement, and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to which team members are held accountable and by which performance is measured.
• Ensure development, implementation, adherence to, and continuous improvement of operating policies and procedures and Feeding America (FA) standards.
• Work with the organization on the budgeting process. Provide ongoing management and monitoring of the Operations department budget.
• Provide equipment and materials support for the Community Relations team as they relate to food procurement, food distribution, sort, and event logistics.
• Oversee capital and maintenance projects as they relate to procuring equipment, managing vendors and project budget, ensuring proper communication and deadlines are met.
• Ensure organizational compliance with OSHA, DOT, AIB, USDA, FA, local Board of Health, food industry and other relevant licensing and permitting bodies.
• Ensure maintenance of building, grounds, equipment, machinery, HVAC, refrigeration systems, vehicles and pest management program, ensuring facilities and equipment operate at peak performance with maximum efficiency.
• Assist the President & CEO as necessary.
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in operations, logistics, warehouse, and facilities management.
• Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis on organizational management, preferred.
• Demonstrate industry experience in shipping and receiving, logistics and inventory control systems and monitoring.
• Analytical, data interpretation, planning and innovative problem-solving skills.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and manage effectively execution of new initiatives.
• Ability to take initiative and see projects through from start to finish.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, with comfort and ability to speak publicly.
• Sensitivity to diverse populations with the ability to serve people in a compassionate, patient, friendly, and courteous manner, showing sincere interest in people’s concerns.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and responsibilities, while simultaneously maintaining composure and ensuring excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
• Strong moral compass with ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Positive attitude, flexibility, and good sense of humor.
• Commitment to organization mission and values.
• Possession of a current and valid, Florida’s driver’s license, liability insurance and a clean driving record.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
|About the Organization
WHO WE ARE
The leading domestic hunger-relief organization in South Florida Serving 25% of Florida’s Food Insecure Population Feeding South Florida is the sole Feeding America food bank serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties. We are the largest and most efficient food bank in each of the counties we serve. More than 98% of all donations are put back into the community. For every $1 donated to us, we can provide 6 meals. Through direct-service programs and a network of nonprofit partner agencies, including soup kitchens, food pantries, homeless shelters, and day cares, Feeding South Florida rescues 44 million pounds of food per year, as well as leads hunger and poverty advocacy efforts and provides innovative programming and education.
The Director of Operations (DO) is responsible for the overall strategy of the Operations team as well as the effective and efficient operation of the Logistics, Warehouse and Facilities departments, including continuous improvement of warehousing processes and inventory management as well as ensuring compliance with industry and Feeding South Florida (FSF) standards. The DO is responsible for oversight of all facilities, including building and equipment maintenance, pest control, safety programs, and disaster response and business continuity planning of all on-site and off-site FSF facilities.