|Food Bank Name
||FIND Food Bank
||November 27, 2017
||President and CEO
||President and CEO position available in Indio, CA.
• Maintain and grow the organization to match the tremendous need that exists in our community
• Meeting all annual operating and financial goals
• Provide vision and leadership for the organization
• Along with the Board and staff, develop a strategic plan for the organization
• Be the external face for FIND FOOD BANK in our extended community
• With the development staff, direct the development efforts of FIND FOOD BANK, including setting and achieving financial goals for various fundraising campaigns, creating corporate sponsorships and similar alliances with for-profit entities, building long-term relationships with foundations, and enhancing revenue from individual donors
• Recruit, develop and retain the very best talent for the organization.
• Create a positive working environment that rewards hard work and extraordinary achievement
• Oversee the creation of clear and measurable annual goals for all employees.
• Provide guidance for continuous improvement in the areas of operations, logistics and agency relations
• Oversee the finance department, assisting in creating the annual budget and achieve the highest level of fiscal responsibility
• Work closely with the board of directors to ensure continued direction and support to achieve the organization’s objectives and maintaining excellent communication with all its members
• Insure that FIND FOOD BANK is a leader and collaborates with other food banks in the state of California (CAFB) and the national Feeding America network
• Collaborate with area non-profits and government agencies that could assist us in our fight to end hunger in the Eastern Riverside County. (mainly Coachella Valley)
• Stay current on environmental changes that could affect the organization
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in food banking, non-profit management, or business management
• Excellent writing, communication, management, and leadership skills.
• Experience working with a Board of Directors
• Organizational financial management, with a solid understanding of nonprofit financials
• Successful development/fundraising background
• Non-profit marketing/PR backgrounds a plus
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, integrity and compassion for those in need
• Demonstrates confidence, authority, and enthusiasm
• Enjoys working with people from all walks of life and embraces diversity
Salary Range starting at $115,000 Medical/ Dental/ Vision and Critical/ Accidental Plus small Life Policy
||December 22, 2017
|How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Lhouston@findfoodbank.org
|About the Organization
Founded in 1983 in Cathedral City, California, Food in Need of Distribution, Inc. (FIND) was established to feed hungry people in the Coachella Valley. In the 34+ years since our founding, FIND has grown in scope and resources, including a move to a 36,000-sq-ft facility that includes our warehouse operations and administrative offices. We have a staff of 28 full- and part-time employees and more than 4,500 volunteers who committed 15,551 hours of service in fiscal year 2016-17. Operating Budget of 3.2 million. As Coachella Valley's regional food bank, FIND partners with more than 100 social-service and community-based agencies throughout eastern Riverside and southern San Bernardino Counties to provide emergency and supplemental food assistance, outreach programming, and case management for residents across our service area. As food-insecurity levels persist, FIND expects to distribute more than 10 million pounds of food assistance in 2017; of that total, 5+ million pounds will be in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables, as FIND and our local stakeholders reinforce our commitment to health food banking.
We are seeking a dynamic leader to carry forward FIND Food Bank as a leader in the non-profit community of the Coachella Valley and in the Feeding America (National) Network of food banks
The CEO position is responsible for the overall administration, management, and leadership of FIND Food Bank in pursuit of its mission, goals, and objectives as established by the Board of Directors. This includes fiscal accountability, personnel management, resource development (food and funds), operations management, public relations, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, grant requirements, policies and procedures. This individual is responsible for the creation and nurturing of new ideas and initiatives that advance the goals of FIND FOOD BANK. In addition, the CEO is charged with maintaining the financial health and integrity of the organization. This position reports to the Board of Directors of FIND Food Bank.
Behavioral Skills Has demonstrated in past positions: leadership skills; teambuilding successes; skills to grow people on staff teams they have supervised; the ability to work effectively with volunteer boards of directors; committees and diverse groups of people; the ability to plan, monitor, evaluate and meet budget plans and stay within the plan; and ability to plan, organize and implement and evaluate activities appropriate to the advancement of the organizational goals. The President and CEO candidate will be able to articulate how honesty, transparency, daily adherence to ethical business practices, integrity and commitment to the cause of the building hunger free communities has been and/or will be reflected in their day to day work.