A. Education, Experience, and Training
• Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Major course work in Nutrition, Health Education, Science or a related field preferred.
• Registered and Licensed Dietitian certification preferred.
• Minimum two years full-time, wage-earning experience in nutrition education.
• Minimum of one year supervisory experience of full-time paid staff.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
• Menu planning experience utilizing federal meal program standards (NSLP, CACFP, SFSP) preferred.
• Experience with community nutrition, program planning, management, and evaluation preferred. B. Knowledge and Skills
• Advanced knowledge of nutrition, food, and food safety. Demonstrated ability with group training or experience in community nutrition or community health education.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. In particular, the ability to understand and organize detailed information and to write about or talk extemporaneously on that information.
• Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, email and internet research.
• Advanced experience with nutrition analysis software required.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to be flexible with working hours to meet the client and class schedule (includes evenings and weekends).
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. • Ability to supervise others and delegate appropriate tasks.
• Ability to work cooperatively under pressure with a diverse range of people. Demonstrated ability to communicate tactfully with all members of society.
• Exercise good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
• Ability to work effectively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
IV. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
• Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
• Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
• Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties. No recruiters, phone calls or walk-ins please. The Central Texas Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.
|About the Organization
We are a registered 501(c)(3), which means that we are not a religious, political or advocacy organization. We believe there’s strength in numbers and in working together. We are members of Feeding America and Feeding Texas (formerly the Texas Food Bank Network). Our service territory includes: Bastrop, Bell, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Coryell, Falls, Fayette, Freestone, Gillespie, Hays, Lampasas, Lee, Limestone, Llano, McLennan, Milam, Mills, San Saba, Travis and Williamson counties. Nearly 300 Partner Agencies have joined us to serve families in 21 Central Texas counties at soup kitchens, food pantries, after-school programs, snack programs and other service sites. A leader in the fight against hunger for nearly 35 years, our mission is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in ending hunger.