||November 3, 2016
||Community Gardens Coordinator
||Community Gardens Coordinator position available in Medford, OR.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with ACCESS Nutrition Programs staff and local agency representatives to identify and prioritize new fresh produce food resources in Jackson County.
• Develop organic growing practices and harvest procedures. Create “how to” manual for gardens.
• Develop new Food Share Gardens, where appropriate. Form farm partnerships and collaborations to provide additional fresh produce food resources to ACCESS network pantries and agencies.
• Recruit, train and manage Food Share Garden volunteer leadership teams in communities across county.
• Recruit and coordinate volunteer garden helpers to serve at Food Share Gardens.
• Fill in as garden manager when volunteer managers are unavailable or off.
• Promote community engagement in Food Share Gardens and “Plant a Row” via outreach activities (creation of brochures, flyers, fulfillment materials, media articles, news releases; participation at fairs, speaking engagements, etc.).
• Assess needs and develop garden budgets.
• Order garden equipment, materials, and arrange for needed services.
• Record and track garden expenditures.
• Apply for grants and request donations.
• Provide reports documenting garden activities (i.e., volunteer hours, end-of-season production figures, etc.)
• Work with ACCESS staff to coordinate leverage partnerships and other innovative collaborations with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Work with ACCESS staff to coordinate logistics and delivery of produce donations.
• Assist Nutrition Programs Director in development of program strategic plan and implementation of strategic goals.
• Belief in ACCESS’ mission to help people help themselves.
• Knowledge and experience of organic farming and/or large scale vegetable gardening.
• Good communication skills and teamwork demonstration.
• Experience working with diverse community populations.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office products and web based applications.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds consistently.
• Valid Oregon Drivers license with record that is acceptable under ACCESS’ insurance policies. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in grant writing.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective, working relationships with volunteers.
Health, Dental, RX, Vision, FSA, Vacation, Sick, Holidays, 403B Pension Plan
||December 31, 2016
|How to Apply
Apply by Sending Cover Letter & Resume To ACCESS Attn: Human Resources; 3630 Aviation Way, Medford, OR 97504 OR Visit www.accesshelps.org for more information
|About the Organization
ACCESS helps create a community where people share skills and resources to develop a sense of responsibility for themselves and each other. We are a team of positive individuals who strive to make a change for the better in our community. Apply today. We look forward to meeting with you!
Work with ACCESS Nutrition Programs staff and community representatives to identify, prioritize and develop new fresh produce resources in Jackson County. Overseeing and managing annual garden activities including but not limited to recruiting volunteers, planting plants, installation and maintenance of irrigation system, installation of plant supports, and end of season tear down.