Summary Only Full Listing can be found at: http://www.lafba.org/News/tabid/111/ArticleID/13/Now-Hiring-LFBA-Searches-for-New-Executive-Director.aspx ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include Food and Funds Development
• In collaboration with Board and Food Bank development staff, identify, solicit, and apply for potential public and private funds for the operation of the Association or for the Food Bank network. In addition, initiate special fundraising events/projects, or work closely with other groups in initiating and implementing fundraising efforts for the LFBA.
• Assist Board in developing strategies for increasing food supply, including soliciting new food resources. Advocacy and Public Relations
• Position the LFBA as a thought leader and the leading organization in the state on hunger policy issues.
• Build and deepen statewide relationships with community, institutional, corporate, and governmental partners to expand engagement and collective action to fight hunger.
• Monitor state and national legislation and administrative policy issues that would affect members, partner agencies, or clients. Alert the Board of Directors and the Food Bank Network regarding issues which might call for legislative, administrative and social action.
• Provide leadership in responding and articulating common message for governmental and legislative issues affecting Food Banks.
• Maintain website, blog, and social media accounts. Board and Food Bank Relations
• In collaboration with the Board, develop and implement an organizational strategic plan that includes goals in the strategic pillars of Feed (increase food and funds), Lead (increase awareness and advocacy) and Strengthen (increase capacity to distribute food).
• Submit an annual report of LFBA programs and progress on Board established goals. Fiscal Management
• Maintain relationships with personnel from Louisiana departments of Agriculture and Children and Family Services to ensure a professional and productive working relationship.
• Maintain strong communication with DCFS staff on SNAP policies and programmatic changes.
• In coordination with the Board, develop budgets and maintain all necessary fiscal records. Disaster Preparedness and Response
• Maintain active membership in organizations related to disaster response including Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD).
• Coordinate food distribution and communication among Food Banks in the event of disaster. All other duties as assigned and approved by the Board of Directors. Will require some travel.
MINIMUM PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree, and five years experience in non-profit or business management, or equivalent experience. PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ATTRIBUTES
• Outstanding leadership abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to prepare and deliver public presentations
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Entrepreneurial skills
• Passion for Louisiana and the LFBA mission
• Prior experiences working with business, government, nonprofit, education and faith-based leaders
• Effective interpersonal skills; Ability to relate well to diverse stakeholder groups
• Dynamic, high energy and focused on the challenges at hand
• Excellent organizational skills
• Innovative and creative problem solver
• Impeccable character and integrity
• Commitment to diversity and equal opportunity
|About the Organization
The Mission of the Louisiana Food Bank Association (LFBA) is to provide a unified voice for Louisiana’s hungry with short-term response, seeking long-term solutions through advocacy, education, and leadership. The Louisiana Food Bank Association (LFBA) is a nonprofit corporation chartered in the State of Louisiana. It is governed by a five member Board of directors made up of the executive directors for the five regional Feeding America Food Banks in the state. These Food Bank members have been fighting hunger in their local communities for more than 26 years and more recently have worked together to mobilize more resources to feed hungry people throughout Louisiana.