|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park , FL
||September 7, 2016
||Community Investment Manager – Broward County
||Community Investment Manager – Broward Count position available in Pembroke Park, FL through the Feeding America network. Learn how you can help end hunger in America.
• Prepare the Broward County Development Plan, as part of the annual Development Plan, which includes revenue goals and specific measureable objectives, strategies and timetables.
• Identifies, develops, and maintains Broward County donors, while simultaneously expanding and maintaining current donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and government entities.
• Identifies, solicits and secures corporate gifts and special event sponsorships alongside the Special Events Coordinator.
• Identifies, solicits, and secures individuals for a steady volunteer program, alongside the Volunteer Coordinator.
• Develops and implements donor stewardship and recognition programs.
• Works with the Donor Relations Manager to follow up with donors, and ensure the timely and accurate acknowledgment of all donor gifts. Ensures that donor records are updated and maintained.
• Research, extract, and develop data analysis for targeted fundraising in Broward County.
• Meets and preferably exceeds aggressive fundraising goals set by the Development Plan.
• Engages the public as needed to create awareness and to educate the community about FSF.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the VPCR.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• At least 3 years professional fundraising experience managing high-level donor relationships and soliciting corporate and major gifts.
• Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed aggressive fundraising goals.
• Vast knowledge of the Broward County community including the political landscape, key players, economic trends, and corporate developments.
• Strong written and oral communication skills that are effective across a variety of constituencies, including donors, volunteers, all staff members, clients of FSF, other food banks, and staff at the national office.
• Ability to speak and present publicly, and behave with proper decorum at events and meetings.
• Experience with developing donor strategies, solicitation approaches, retention and recognition programs, and donor stewardship.
• Big picture mindset with innovative and creative vision, while maintaining strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Demonstrated personal leadership skills coupled with a strong team orientation, exemplary project management skills and a high customer service focus.
• Strong moral compass and deep commitment to the mission of Feeding South Florida.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Must maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and an insured personal vehicle.
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
• Knowledge of Donor Quest and other CRM software preferred.
• Certificate in planned giving, wealth management, and/or estate planning preferred.
• Experience with capital campaigns is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
• This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
• After business hours work is required occasionally throughout the year.
• Frequent travel between quad-county areas using personal vehicle is required.
• Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
• Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences using public transportation is required. • Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COVERED BY FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA: MEDICAL INSURANCE
● United Health Care HMO fully covered for employee
● NPOS Plan available for a nominal out-of-pocket cost to employee
● $15,000 worth of coverage at no cost to employee
ACCESS PROVIDED TO THE FOLLOWING:
● Dental | United Health Care and 2 PPO Plans
● Vision | VSP
● Life Insurance | UNUM (Additional coverage and short-term options available)
● Aflac Voluntary Benefits: - Critical Care - Hospital Advantage - Accident Indemnity Plan - Cancer Plan - Short Term Disability
● Flexible Spending Account - Health Care | Minimum $200 - Maximum $2,500 per calendar year - Dependent Care | Minimum $200 – Maximum $5,000 per calendar year
OTHER BENEFITS PROVIDED:
● Paid Time Off - 136 hours (17 days) for 1-5 years of employment - 176 hours (22 days) for 5+ years of employment ● Federal holidays off ● Monthly cell phone reimbursement ($25-$50) *All benefits are subject to change upon prior notice to employees
||December 31, 2016
|How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates please email your resume, salary requirements, and fundraising overview to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
As a member of the Development Team, the objective of this position is to increase Feeding South Florida’s overall revenue and play a substantial contributor to the organization’s annual budget, focusing specifically on Broward County. The CIMB initiates, supports and executes a comprehensive fundraising plan to cultivate, solicit and maintain current and prospective donors, as well as develops and executes fundraising programs and initiatives with the VPCR.