|Food Bank Name
||Feeding South Florida
Pembroke Park, FL
||October 27, 2016
||FOOD + FUND DRIVE COORDINATOR
||FOOD + FUND DRIVE COORDINATOR position available in Pembroke Park, FL.
• Oversee, coordinate, and execute all aspects of FSF Special Events, Food + Fund Drives, third party events, including fundraising, logistical coordination, and recruitment of new supporters.
• Develop and maintain an action plan for all areas of responsibility, including both short and long-range goals and objectives and then work the plan.
• Develop and maintain relationships with community groups to conduct Food + Fund Drives including prospect research, cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship.
• Coordinate with transportation team members for pickups of qualifying food drives and third party events.
• Develop and manage a tracking system to manage all activities by constituent, in order to ensure supporters are communicated with and are part of the pipeline.
• Support all Community Engagement events that raise both money and food which includes FSF special events, food & fund drives, third party events, and special promotions that have been approved by the Community Engagement Manager and Vice President of Community Relations.
• Personal face-to-face presentations and/or tours for employee groups, service organizations, religious groups, and represent FSF at a variety of functions in the community, as directed by supervisor.
• Create, develop, and support volunteer committees for all special events and initiatives.
• Devise a holistic approach to the events calendar in conjunction with the overall marketing calendar and agenda for the organization, taking the seasons and other community events into consideration.
• Coordinate and assist with sponsorship of events, but bring cause marketing and special promotions to the VPCR. Provide written status reports each week to the Vice President of Community Relations
• Provide written status reports each week to the Vice President of Community Relations
• Other duties as assigned by the VPCR
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in events and volunteer management, with a proven track record of fundraising success.
• Creativity, innovative vision, and affinity for out-of-the-box thinking
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – with proper use of grammar and spelling.
• Flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a team on several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining professional and consistently meets deadlines.
• Efficient time management and innovative problem-solving skills.
• Interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution and respect for cultural diversity.
• Organized and detail-oriented with the skills required to handle all the items associated with planning, organizing, and implementing events and maintaining records.
• Ability to communicate effectively with community leaders, donors, volunteers, media representatives and other staff.
• Ability to make presentations in a professional manner.
• Deep commitment to the mission of Feeding South Florida.
• Proficiency with computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.
• Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an insured personal vehicle. PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
• This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
• After business hours work is required occasionally throughout the year.
• Frequent travel between quad-county areas using personal vehicle is required.
• Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
• Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences is required.
• Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This position does work occasional nights and weekends.
||January 27, 2017
|How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email resume, salary requirements, and fundraising history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
|About the Organization
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
The primary objective of this position is to work with the Community Engagement Manager to secure resources (food and funds) through food + fund drives, Feeding South Florida (FSF) events, third party events, agreements with community organizations such as schools, civic groups, professional associations, clubs, and religious organizations. This position also oversees all aspects of food + fund drives, as well as events, benefiting Feeding South Florida. Annual fundraising targets will be determined by the Vice President of Community Relations. This position will also be involved as a team leader for the numerous special events, tours and presentations, and other special promotions as assigned by the Community Engagement Manager and Vice President of Community Relations.