|Food Bank Name
||Alameda County Community Food Bank
||August 10, 2016
||Chief Operations Officer
||Chief Operations Officer position available in Oakland, CA through the Feeding America network. Learn how you can help end hunger in America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensuring operational strategy, practices and initiatives are aligned with the organization’s business objectives and support the organization’s growth strategy.
• Evaluating and identifying opportunities, developing strategies, presenting recommendations and implementing programs that will enhance distribution center operational effectiveness and service.
• Meeting and exceeding food distribution poundage targets and all metrics.
• Ensuring OSHA, DOT and all ACCFB food safety, sanitation and operational standards are met and adhered to.
• Providing analysis to optimize logistics network across service area and between distribution outlets (agency partners) and maximize the current tool.
• Responsible for inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts, inventory shortages.
• Building an organizational culture that has a high sense of urgency, safety, collaboration, continuous improvement and a high level of accountability.
• Analyzing and optimizing warehouse operations, including assessing and evaluating personnel and volunteers.
• Assessing the resources and work schedule to ensure flexible and optimum responsiveness to the needs of the community.
• Develop and provide necessary training to staff and volunteers at various degrees of skill level.
• Coaching the team and constructing compelling development plans, driving people to embrace developmental moves and change.
• Successfully developing and managing the operational budget
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management or equivalent required; MBA preferred.
• 10+ years in the food industry, experience in food banking preferred.
• 10+ years in distribution, supply chain and logistics experience.
• 10+ years in a leadership capacity in an organization with multiple sites.
• 10+ years in Continuous Improvement and application of LEAN principles.
• Leadership- the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
• Values Focused- the individual emphasizes honesty and integrity in their work activities and inspires co-workers to follow their lead. Is passionate about serving the community and alleviating hunger.
• Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality Management- the individual looks for ways to continuously improve the Quality of the Operations and its human resources.
• Teamwork- the individual is a good collaborator and enjoys working together vs. as an individual.
• Relationship Management-the individual can successfully manage multiple relationships, both internally and externally with brokers, vendors, agencies.
• Problem Solving- the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner along with gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
• Judgment- the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
• Communication-the individual communicates clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Delegation- the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, set expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• Safety and Security-the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES • Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity. • Impeccable integrity and honesty. • Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement • Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action • Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances
This is a full-time exempt position. We offer competitive pay and an outstanding benefit package including: • Medical (100% coverage for employees, 93% coverage for dependents) • Dental (100% for employees and their dependents) • Vision (optional) • Flexible Spending Accounts (optional) • Commuter Benefit Account (optional) • Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance (100% coverage) • 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service • Employee Assistance Program (100% coverage for employee and dependents) • Financial Wellness Program • Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals
||September 30, 2016
|How to Apply
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume, and cover letter through our Careers page located at http://www.accfb.org/about_us/jobs/#openings-list
|About the Organization
Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization, which has been at the forefront of hunger relief efforts for 31 years. As one of the most efficient, direct-impact organizations in the country, few nonprofits are as well-respected – or have a bigger impact on the community – than us. We serve 1 in 5 county residents and will provide enough food for 30 million meals this year. We’re forward thinkers who encourage innovation in our work. We’re changing lives … we’re proud of our work … and we’re having fun doing it!
The ideal candidate will provide leadership and direction to manage the accelerate growth through focused and effective strategic supply chain and LEAN practices. Serves as a member of the executive leadership team, providing not only a supply chain vision but also participating in the overall business strategy.
The COO will also assess, develop and implement a supply chain and operational strategy by positively impacting the Food Bank across the following areas of responsibility: purchasing, planning, logistics, facilities, warehouse operations, agency compliance and capabilities (240 agencies), government programs and other related programming. .