|Food Bank Name
||St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance
||August 25, 2016
||SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Outreach Coordinator
||SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Outreach Coordinator position available in Phoenix, AZ through the Feeding America network. Learn how you can help end hunger in America.
Position Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Nutrition Manager and the Agency Services Team, this position assists in all aspects of SNAP Outreach. Any staff member holding this position will be required to successfully gain understanding as well as successfully completing the tasks outlined in the guidelines below:
• Knowledge and understanding of the SNAP application process (online and paper).
• Knowledge and understanding of USDA/ DES guidelines and processes from the point an application is completed to the point benefits are received or declined.
• Knowledge and understanding of all the documents required by USDA/DES to complete an application and collect this information with the upmost in confidentiality.
• Knowledge and understanding of USDA/ DES guidelines and processes to be followed to continue to receive benefits once approved.
• Promote Health-E-Arizona to agencies and clients.
• Prescreen clients for eligibility.
• Assist clients throughout the application process.
• Understand and teach clients how to access MyFamilyBenefits.org.
• Assist agency and clients with questions regarding the process that takes place once the application is completed.
• Track and report materials handed out.
• Track and report number of households / people prescreened for eligibility.
• Track and report number of households / people assisted with application process.
• Attend events and meetings for collaboration and outreach purposes.
• Assist with the train the trainer implementation plan (training agencies to assist their clients).
• Assist with the implementation of the communication and outreach plan.
• Assist with the planning and facilitation of agency and community meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a high school diploma and 2 years minimum work related experience. Good knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel are required. Proven record of excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with people of different nationalities, ethnic origins, and socioeconomic levels are essential. Valid Arizona driver’s license is a must due to excessive travel requirements within the Phoenix/Maricopa County area and beyond. Bi-lingual English/Spanish is required. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Flexible, self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively. Sensitivity to diversity and the ability to work with people of different nationalities, ethnic origins, and socioeconomic levels are essential. Good inter-personal skills with the ability to interact professionally with the public. Honesty, integrity and commitment to the Food Bank’s mission. Ability to understand and actualize the Food Bank’s values.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k with up to a 3% match, 4 weeks (20 days) of PTO yearly and much more.
||September 16, 2016
|How to Apply
Please apply online: https://firstfoodbank.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=155
|About the Organization
The position assists in SNAP outreach efforts utilizing our St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance Partner Agencies within the Greater Phoenix Area and the rest of our service area within AZ. The focus outreach is to areas and population groups with traditionally high level of eligibility and low level of SNAP participation. Bi-Lingual English/Spanish is required.