|Food Bank Name
||November 8, 2016
||Vice President of External Affairs
||Vice President of External Affairs position available in Cincinnati, OH.
• Prepare short and long-term goals in conjunction with the President and CEO, Board of trustees and the Leadership team. Identify resources to meet organizational funding objectives.
• Work with direct reports to develop and oversee annual and strategic plans including revenue and expense projections for each functional area.
• Work with the CEO and the Board as appropriate to leverage resources to help engage the community in the fight against hunger. Oversee and provide guidance to the work of the Development Committee.
• Increase awareness, develop support and raise funding for restricted funds and special initiatives of the Freestore Foodbank.
• Serve as relationship manager on key donor accounts, soliciting their support of the organization and its work.
• Increase major and planned gifts to the Freestore Foodbank through cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and participation in major and planned gift societies.
• In concert with the VP of Human Resources, provide support & strategic direction to the volunteer services department in an effort to increase the quality of the volunteer experience as well as the value of the services volunteers provide.
• Direct public education and advocacy efforts of the Freestore Foodbank to meet the goals of the strategic plan and influence public policy around issues of hunger at the local, state and federal levels. Identify and prioritize opportunities, ensuring that information is shared with key audiences. Create, oversee and provide guidance to work of the Advocacy Committees.
• Oversee external communications of Freestore Foodbank including: news releases, media interviews, and media pitches.
• Represent and serve as spokesperson for Freestore Foodbank to the community, the media, volunteers and donors.
• Establish policies, systems, and procedures while appointing, leading, evaluating, and managing the external affairs team. Oversee development, communications, advocacy, outreach and volunteer services budgets.
• Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; 8-10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; proven experience managing, planning and implementing a successful capital campaign. Previous non-profit development and management experience required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common marketing/public relation periodic materials. Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with co-workers. Ability to effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Must be willing and able to travel for the organization with short notice. Must be able to exercise leadership in various internal and external relationships, including cultivation and networking. Willing to work beyond normal working hours, when necessary.
• Must possess outstanding leadership abilities and communication skills. Possess strong attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Windows based computer software mandatory. Familiarity with at least one fundraising software system important. Freestore Foodbank currently uses Raiser’s Edge
Robust benefits and compensation plan including medical, dental, vision, 403-B, etc.
||December 15, 2016
|How to Apply
To apply, e-mail your information and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://freestorefoodbank.org/about/bios/careers/ and fill out an application online.
|About the Organization
Freestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 23 million meals annually through a network of about 350 community partner agencies serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.
Vice-President of External Affairs
Freestore Foodbank is hiring! We have an immediate opening for Vice-President of External Affairs. This is a full-time position with a robust compensation and benefits plan.
Duties to include but not limited to: Develop strategies and organize and direct all ongoing work and special projects for fundraising, communications, advocacy, volunteer services and public relations. The Vice president of External Affairs is directly responsible for the supervision of the Director of Strategic Gifts and Donor Relations, the Director of Development Operations & Special Events, and will have dotted-line supervisory responsibility over the Director of Volunteer Engagement.