|Food Bank Name
||Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia
||October 20, 2017
||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
||Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position available in Norfolk, VA.
A leader with the right skills to experience success in this position will be able to perform essential duties including, but not limited to, the following:
• Work with senior management team to establish major economic/financial objectives and policies for the FSEVA.
• Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to assess operating results in terms of performance against budget, cash flow projections, inventory control and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures, and complete budget analyses and report on variances.
• Facilitate the organizational team that develops pro forma financial forecasts in response to RFPs for both new and existing programs.
• Oversee all pricing for new proposed programs and assist in the negotiation of terms and conditions for contract renewals of existing programs.
• Negotiate all banking activities and develop relationships within the bank.
• Provide information used in the preparation of all grant reports and fund raising activities. Meet with potential donors/funders, on an as needed basis, to discuss the financial stability of the organization.
• Oversee a proper system of internal controls including evaluating and implementing financial policies, procedures, and standards.
• Prepare for and coordinate annual independent audit(s).
• Participate in the evaluation and implementation of multiple accounting systems and ancillary systems.
• Furnish accurate and timely reports to the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
• Serve as a staff liaison helping to guide the Board of Director’s Audit and Finance Committee, Investment Task Force, and Human Resources Committee.
• Direct the Human Resources function, including providing effective supervision for the Human Resources Manager, to ensure ongoing development of and adherence to FSEVA employee policies, handbook, performance appraisals, benefits administration, payroll, hiring and termination, grievance procedures, and discipline.
• Serve as a key contributor to the implementation of the Foodbank’s strategy through oversight of critical projects and initiatives.
• Assist in all aspects of administration and other tasks directed by the CEO, as well as work jointly with other members of the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors to meet goals of the organization’s strategic plan.
• Lead the Risk Management function.
• Commit to and understand the FSEVA’s mission. This includes active participation in sharing the mission, vision and values of the organization, internally and externally, creating a culture of active philanthropy for and through all staff.
• Supervise volunteers during tasks/assignments and show/share responsibility for the overall Volunteer Experience at the FSEVA.
• Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting preferred.
• Ten or more years of high-level accounting experience. Five or more years of supervisory experience.
• Experience in a complex organization relative to size and scope of the FSEVA from a financial and operational perspective.
• Experience in an inventory-intensive organization a plus; Inventory costing or valuation experience is highly desired.
• Extensive experience with cash flow management/analysis.
• Experience presenting to and providing critical financial information to executive teams and Boards of Directors.
• Passion for the mission and values of the organization, as demonstrated by prior work and/or volunteer experience.
• A collaborative, motivational, supportive, and visionary leader.
• Outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate positively within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense at all times. Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization.
• Ability to thrives in a dynamic environment and work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
NONESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (PREFERRED):
• Nonprofit experience a plus.
• MBA or CPA preferred.
A competitive salary with paid time off, matching retirement contributions, and employer-sponsored health benefits for individuals and their families are just a few of the incentives that make this an exciting opportunity.
||November 27, 2017
|How to Apply
How to apply: If this sounds like the opportunity for you to serve our community and help eliminate hunger, please send a cover letter, resume and 5-year salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 27, 2017.
|About the Organization
Since 1981, the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, a member of Feeding America™ and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks, has been providing food for hungry people throughout Southeastern Virginia and on the Eastern Shore. In support of our mission which is “leading the effort to eliminate hunger in our community,” the Foodbank has distributed over 260 million meals throughout our 4,745 square mile service area that includes the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Franklin and Virginia Beach as well as the counties of Southampton, Northampton, Sussex, Isle of Wight and Accomack. During the 2016-2017 fiscal year, the Foodbank distributed over 18 million pounds of food equating to approximately 15 million meals to the community.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore (FSEVA) will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and participate as a key member of the Senior Management Team. The position will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all finance-related activities including accounting, internal financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis, tax and treasury services. The position will also have oversight of human resources.
• Monday-Friday; full-time, exempt; some weekend and evening work required for meetings, special events, and out-of-town conferences.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may be required to do the following when working in the office or warehouse environment:
• The employee must, at times, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds when handling donations, documents and files in a mixed office and warehouse.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision while working with documents, computer screens, and filing.
• Regularly required to talk and hear when communicating with employees, donors, and clients.
• The use of hands and fingers are necessary to handle or feel documents and keyboards.
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Foodbank encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.