|Food Bank Name
||Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
||May 25, 2017
||Food Resource Manager
||Food Resource Manager position available in Nashville, TN
- Collaborates with Feeding America, SHFB leadership, network and regional representatives and others to identify and prioritize food and product donations that are consistent with organizational goals.
- Conduct prospect research on the food industry and develop strategic programs to solicit food and related products including through initiatives such as Middle Tennessee’s Table (MTT) and farm to family opportunities.
- Determine the form and frequency of solicitations and oversee a system of donor tracking, reporting, and acknowledgement, as well as to maintain effective relationships with donors through the Second Harvest Food Bank service area.
- Collaborate with External Affairs and other staff to develop and enhance strategic relations with donors. Identify and refer opportunities to appropriate staff, for obtaining financial, equipment, volunteer and in-kind support.
- Works cross functionally with interdepartmental teams on various projects to include, but not limited to, produce acquisition, storage, and distribution; repack projects and other collaborations.
- Supports Agency Relations team to provide technical assistance and support to aid our agencies in the proper distribution of all donated product.
- Responsible for establishing documentation, work goal plans and reports and maintaining accurate records and file systems.
- Participates in fundraising events to support food donations as needed.
- Work with Director, Operations to plan and execute food resourcing budget. Also work with Director, Operations and other staff to strategically guide the future of our donated food needs.
- Ensures adherence to all policies and processes regarding the department as stated by Second Harvest Food Bank. Reports to Director, Operations
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years related experience to include supervisory experience required.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn new databases and software
- Knowledge of local food systems and sources preferred.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education/experience at the organization’s discretion.
||June 30, 2017
|How to Apply
Please apply on the website under Job Opportunities. Or click this link. You will then have an opportunity to load your resume and cover letter.
|About the Organization
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee opened its doors in 1978 with commitment from several community leaders. The purpose of the organization was to provide a central distribution center for companies, groups and individuals who wished to help provide food for hungry people in Middle Tennessee. Second Harvest’s mission is to feed hungry people and work to solve hunger issues in our community.
The Food Resource Manager will have primary responsibility for formulating strategies as well as developing and implementing programs to identify, solicit, and obtain donated food and related products from the food industry, including farmers and packers, manufacturers, wholesalers/distributors as necessary to meet organizational goals and long term strategic planning. The Food Resource Manager provides oversight and knowledge of donated food and works with interdepartmental teams to collaborate on incoming and outgoing pounds. The Food Resource Manager is able to work harmoniously with internal cross functional teams.