|Food Bank Name
||Mid-South Food Bank
||May 9, 2017
||Chief Operations Officer
||Chief Operations Officer position available in Memphis, TN
- Safety – Ensure the safety of all employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors. Ensure that all facilities are clean, organized and hazard free and that all equipment, including trucks and material handling equipment, are properly maintained and in safe working order. Ensure that all employees are trained to recognize and address safe and unsafe conditions and promote responsibility and accountability for their own safety and the safety of others.
- Employee Engagement – Create a diverse and inclusive culture, where individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, and have an opportunity to do their best work every day. Attract, develop and retain the best talent from all backgrounds.
- Logistics Strategy – Develop and implement a strategic plan for logistics that will enable the Mid-South Food Bank to achieve its overarching objectives and to operate the facilities and transportation at the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness. Develop and maintain a balanced scorecard to measure progress relative to key metrics and share the scorecard broadly so that all colleagues know the score.
- Compliance – Develop and implement programs and procedures to ensure and document compliance with federal and state laws, warehousing and transportation regulations, and food safety laws and regulations.
- Controls – Develop and implement programs and procedures to ensure necessary and appropriate controls for inventory, transportation fleet management, DOT regulations, AIB, Feeding America and safe food handling guidelines. Ensure the appropriate financial and physical controls.
- Operations – Lead the logistics managers to ensure the delivery of quality, cost-effective services, including receiving, storing, sorting and packing, inventory allocation, handling, shipping and delivery of food and other items; processing returned and/or damaged goods; maintaining all facilities and equipment; and related contractual and administrative services.
- Staffing – Develop and implement the appropriate logistics organizational structure and ensure appropriate staffing. Establish and implement performance standards for all logistics positions; ensure that high-performers are rewarded and that weak performances are addressed appropriately.
- Leadership – Demonstrate outstanding people leadership skills. Build trust with all colleagues; model ideal behaviors and lead by example. Demonstrate the functional / technical skills to lead all operations. Act as a catalyst to achieve objectives and budgets and to identify and implement deliberate improvement initiatives.
- Ethics – Operate at the highest ethical standard. Meet the spirit as well as the letter of rules and regulations. Do the right things, in the right ways, for the right reasons, all of the time and ensure that the team does the same. Act in the best interest of all stakeholders.
Knowledge and Experience
- Four-year college degree in related field
- Minimum of five years of relevant leadership experience and demonstrated expertise logistics management
- Knowledge of Safe Food Handling requirements, theories and practices preferred
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and Fleet Management requirements
- AIB or equivalent inspection experience and HACCP training a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and inventory management software
Mid-South Food Bank offers health, dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability
||May 31, 2017
|How to Apply
Please download the Employment Application on our employment website and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Employment Application" on subject line
|About the Organization
- Lead the managers who manage the daily warehousing and transportation operations
- Collaborate with the CEO and CFO develop and implement the operations strategy
- Build relationships with peer organizations nationally in order to share best practices for logistics
- Represents the Mid-South Food Bank as a senior leader to customers, donors, business partners, board members and the community