|Food Bank Name
||Chattanooga Area Food Bank
||June 2, 2017
||SNAP Outreach Coordinator
||SNAP Outreach Coordinator position available in Chattanooga, TN
- Travels to and within assigned service area to proactively reach out to residents who may be eligible for SNAP benefits. Distributes educational materials about eligibility and the application process. Interviews prospective applicants to determine likelihood of eligibility.
- Provides SNAP application assistance in a 20 county region spanning two states with a focus on counties with SNAP participation rates of 55% or less or significant unmet need of 1,000 people or more.
- Provides regular updates to the Director of Agency and Government Relations, regarding activities, progress, and challenges.
- Creates and nurtures relationships with SNAP case workers located at the local DEFACs and DHS offices.
- Collects all data necessary for grants associated with the program. • Establishes access points in central locations within the community but not limited to partner agencies can be extremely effective.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of program, barriers, and policy issues related to the (TN or GA) SNAP program.
- Educates and builds awareness about the SNAP program and its benefits via in-person speaking engagements, advertising and marketing materials
- Meets regularly with SNAP team to discuss program status, goals, methods, experience.
- Participates in special projects as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings and outside work-related events.
- Develops and maintains relationships with member agencies and other organizations that may be helpful in identifying prospective clients or may provide the opportunity and venue to do SNAP outreach. Maintains regular communication with prospective applicants during the application process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years post High School education required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English proficiency required
- At least 1 year customer contact/customer service or human services experience required
- Valid GA or TN driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience working with community based/nonprofit organizations helpful
- Ability to listen, assess and troubleshoot resistance to program enrollment
- High quality customer service skills (exhibit objectivity, calmness and helpfulness)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to set own priorities and work independently
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft office programs and computer skills
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry objects weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time during an eight-hour shift.
- Basic knowledge of Chattanooga Area Food Bank and Feeding America guidelines.
- Primarily mobile, with meetings at convenient locations throughout the community and broader service area.
- Occasional office environment and expectations for team interaction
- Dependable and reliable attendance record.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Promote a team environment by helping staff and volunteers as needed.
This is a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation, sick leave, health insurance & 401k.
||July 7, 2017
|How to Apply
|About the Organization
Visit our website www.chattfoodbank.org to learn more about our organization.
Location: Northwest Georgia and Southeast Tennessee
Chattanooga Area Food Bank (CAFB) recognizes that in order to fulfill our mission of “eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region”, we must work to not only “feed the line” but simultaneously “shorten the line”. Our Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) focuses on increased application access and assistance, education and outreach efforts, and advocacy on behalf of CAFB leadership at both the state and local levels. It is critical to reducing our clients’ reliance on emergency food assistance and achieving greater, more sustainable food security and stable lives.
Responsible for creating and maintaining a strong, partnering relationship between the Chattanooga Area Food Bank and community agencies while administering assistance to people potentially eligible for Tennessee or Georgia Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank leads a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region. We acquire and distribute healthy food across a 20 county service region; we engage the public in the fight to end hunger; we empower people to take responsibility for their health and their lives.